Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/9/2002 3:44:11 PM EDT
Has anybody applied for and received a C & R in the state of Kalifornia?..   What problems were encountered?  What about State/local law enforcement? It's a well know fact that the State AG in even more anti-gun than ALL FEDERAL DEMOCRAT REPRESENTATIVES/SENATORS COMBINED.  Surely, Kalifornia has made it next to impossible to get a C & R.  What is your experience?

(In case your wondering,  we're moving out of KA in the future.)
Link Posted: 8/9/2002 5:39:46 PM EDT
[#1]
I let my C&R lapse for maybe a year when I moved from TX to the PRK.  I called ATF in San Francisco; person on the phone told me she'd let me renew with a change of address.  She assigned me a new license number on the phone, and I got the license back about 3 weeks after I mailed the application and $$ to Dallas.

State/local cops have zero influence over you getting a C&R (class 03) license.  You do have to get a copy to your CLEO, either police chief or sheriff.  I dropped mine off at a sheriff's substation, don't know what happened to it after that.

PRK has made it difficult to get a regular (class 01) ffl, and difficult to use, but not to get, a C&R.  I think you might have your licenses mixed up.

A C&R outside the PRK allows you to buy and have shipped to you any gun 50 years or older and any gun listed on the C&R list published by the ATF.

Inside Kalifornistan, only long guns 50 years or older are OK; any handguns regardless of age and anything on the ATF list less than 50 years old has to go through a PRK FFL, with the associated 10 day wait, lock/safe requirement, etc.  You can get around the 10 day wait by getting a Certificate of Eligability from the DOJ, but that's $70 and two sets of prints and generally a pain in the a$$.

The rules are too crazy to post here, so get over to the PRK DOJ page and check out the firearms rules.

-hanko (happy to be in Idaho)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top