Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/8/2002 8:24:17 PM EDT
Has anybody ever considered using a slant cut AK type compensator on an AR?  You would have crown protection, combat muzzle rise and yaw, and wouldn't have to deal with the noise and blast that breaks produce.

Anybody?
Link Posted: 8/9/2002 11:49:16 AM EDT
[#1]
I think I'd rather have a brake that actually makes a noticable difference in controlling recoil and/or muzzle rise.

Kurt's A2 style brake looks better, doesn't noticably increase blast or noise and, best of all, it actually works.
Link Posted: 8/10/2002 2:36:23 PM EDT
[#2]
I've heard nothing but good things about KKF.  Having him turn down then flute four barrels for me now.

I hadn't heard that Kurts brake was better than others in the noise dept.  It certainly looks good.

As for the AK slant conmensator - I've always heard that they work as intended and make a difference, especially on FA.
Link Posted: 8/10/2002 3:10:12 PM EDT
[#3]
Anyone know if the bushmaster AK brake can be replaced with the KKF brake?
Link Posted: 8/10/2002 3:22:37 PM EDT
[#4]

that's why you have it and not me

that boy is LOUD!
Link Posted: 8/10/2002 3:32:50 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

that's why you have it and not me

that boy is LOUD!

Hehehe
Link Posted: 8/10/2002 4:06:30 PM EDT
[#6]
Soooooo.....

Does KKF's brake increase noise/blast or not?  
Link Posted: 8/10/2002 4:13:20 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Soooooo.....

Does KKF's brake increase noise/blast or not?  

They're a little bit louder, but not bad. But it works! And it looks more like a birdcage than anything else I've seen out there.
Link Posted: 8/12/2002 12:47:27 PM EDT
[#8]
I do most of my shooting at an indoor range and the KKF A2 brake doesn't seem any louder than a bare muzzle when I'm in the lane.  What is increased is the air pressure to the rear.  I've never noticed it when I was shooting it, but when I let somebody else shoot the rifle and I'm standing behind them I can feel the pressure in my sinuses.
Link Posted: 8/12/2002 5:04:40 PM EDT
[#9]
Thanks for the replies, gentlemen.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top