Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/7/2002 10:43:38 PM EDT
OK, I've narrowed my next purchase down to these three options:

A flattop M4 profile 10mm carbine with tan furniture from CavArms.

Cost? I'd probably have about 600-700 in it with a few high caps....

Advantages: Always wanted one, major cool factor, would make a good home defense rifle, a hot 10mm wouldnt have a problem taking a deer.. I already have the lower

Disadvantages: Spendy ammo, high caps are 60ish a pop!!!!

or...

a Beretta model 92FS Brigader.. 9mm..

Costs about 550 - 600

Advantages: Cheap ammo so I could shoot it lots, good solid reliable and accurate pistol

Disadvantages: High caps around around 40....

or...

a Kimber Custom Target

Costs about 700-750..

Advanages: It's a .45 ACP, good home defense around as well, cheap mags, very fine pistol

Disadvanges: No high caps, the spendiest on the list..

This next purchase will be used for plinking mostly, and home defense. I would not feel under armed with 17 rounds of 9mm +p+ so don't say 9mm sucks.

I do not have any handguns at the moment, so I am kind of leaning towards them, although I really want that 10mm!!!!!!

Lets hear your input... (I do not need to hear get an HK, etc etc blah blah)

Thanks!
Link Posted: 8/7/2002 11:57:10 PM EDT
[#1]
Get the Kimber.
Link Posted: 8/8/2002 11:14:13 AM EDT
[#2]
I would also vote for a 1911, but would suggest looking at a Springfield Loaded or a Colt.

I've had 2 series 1 Kimbers, neither of which were reliable without work/replaced parts. I know others like them, and they do look nice. My experience has been otherwise.

I just picked up an OD green Loaded SA, and it it is an awesome shooter. In fact, my Series 1 full size Kimber is on consignment in a local shop. On top of that, the loaded Springfield should be less than the Kimber.

I have also been happy with my 80 series Colts.

As far as pricey ammo for the 10mm, reload. End of problem.

Link Posted: 8/8/2002 11:32:28 AM EDT
[#3]
kimber. you will get much more use out of it.

I have yet to understand why anyone would want a 92fs. A BIG fullsize handgun that shoots bb's. If your going big you may as well get some bang as well.
Link Posted: 8/8/2002 12:10:42 PM EDT
[#4]
My newest firearm is a Kimber and I can't shoot it enough. I'm reloading with lead bullets for about $4/box which is very reasonable. The small grip, relatively low kick and accuracy, make this one fine plinker.

These guns are still made out of steel too!

Link Posted: 8/8/2002 7:37:35 PM EDT
[#5]
Get the Kimber - I have the Custom Target - You won't be disappointed.

Tony
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top