Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/7/2002 6:52:33 PM EDT

Just wondering if anybody had any opinions on PWA preban rifles? Never owned one. Have hear that they are good for the money.

What do you guys think of them?
Link Posted: 8/7/2002 8:01:40 PM EDT
[#1]
Not too many people know much about them, but the few owners that I've talked to have had nothing but good things to say about them.  While not a "name-brand" AR, they are probably the best kept secret in the pre-ban world.

I bought mine in 1993, and it has performed perfectly.  The only time it jammed was when I was using a 40-round USA-brand magazine.  Other than that, I've had absolutely no problems in the last 9 years.

Link Posted: 8/7/2002 8:15:04 PM EDT
[#2]
I had one I bought in 91 ser #07XXX. It was built on a Colt HBar upper. High quality lower. IMO as good as the ABC's. I regret selling it. PWA(Pac West Arms, of Milan Illinois) didn't sell or Mfg. complete rifles, only lowers. It is rumored that RRA bought them out and uses their tooling. As far as being good for the money goes, of course that depends on the price. Most pre bans are over priced.
Link Posted: 8/7/2002 8:15:18 PM EDT
[#3]
i have an M4 built on a PWA. i love the finish on the PWA. i wouldnt trade it for any brand of receiver.
Link Posted: 8/7/2002 8:48:55 PM EDT
[#4]
I guess I'm under the mistaken assumption that Rock River Arms used to be PWA.  Then using the same tooling would explain that, though.
Link Posted: 8/8/2002 5:15:52 AM EDT
[#5]
I also have a pre-ban PWA, and it's every bit as good as any I've ever owned. The best part is I paid $550 for it (in 1990).
Link Posted: 8/8/2002 7:39:20 AM EDT
[#6]
I love my PWA! great receiver, and yes they were bought out by RRA.
Link Posted: 8/8/2002 12:07:53 PM EDT
[#7]
One of the best kept secrets out there.I'm very happy with my pre ban PWA.
Link Posted: 8/8/2002 12:14:15 PM EDT
[#8]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top