Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/7/2002 11:59:32 AM EDT
does anyone sell garands to curio and relic holders, I know you can get them threw CMP but doesn't someone just have them and sell them or are most of them sold by the cmp?
Link Posted: 8/7/2002 1:22:55 PM EDT
[#1]
The M1 Garand manufactured during WWII or Korea is indeed a C&R rifle. You may order one or pick one up from any dealer who happens to have one. You may have to run a search on one of the gun auction sites to find one or check Shotgun News or Gun List. The last one I picked up from a gun show I could not buy on my C&R because the dealer did not know that M1 Garands were C&R. In fact this was one of the dealers who knows everything way more than anybody else does and he told me that there is no way in hell that a Garand is a C&R gun because you could still buy ammo for it! I just love the gun show dealers who know it all. Point being you will have to find somebody who knows what a C&R rifle is.
Good luck,
Tuco
Link Posted: 8/7/2002 2:23:51 PM EDT
[#2]
1911greg,

Check over at www.m1garand.com/

Anthony Pucci Jr. has a good reputation, although his Garands might seem a bit pricey to some.

Just out of curiousity, is there a reason why you're not considering the CMP?

Good luck.

Link Posted: 8/7/2002 2:42:55 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 8/7/2002 3:28:38 PM EDT
[#4]
It's over a year wait for SOME M-1's, Winchester's, IHC's, Danish var barreled versions of either, BUT, a Springfield Armory, of a H&R can be had within 90-120 days provided you have met all of the requirements........Check out their website, it'll tell you what's on the long wait list,
Link Posted: 8/11/2002 5:05:19 PM EDT
[#5]
I guess the reason I am not thinking about the CMP is that I don't belong to a rifle club and am going to get a C&R so I want to see all the nice stuff I can get.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top