Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/7/2002 4:44:45 AM EDT
Sportsman's Guide's latest Shooters catalog has a polymer collapsible AR stock for $29.95.
Anybody have experience with this one?

I know that "You get what you pay for." usually applies.
I would like to try a collapsible on my pre-ban, but I don't want to spend a fortune, in case I don't like it.

Anybody?
Link Posted: 8/7/2002 6:40:34 AM EDT
[#1]
What is the sportsman's guide stock number?
Link Posted: 8/7/2002 7:03:03 AM EDT
[#2]
The stock number is: HX2A-64175.

I called and talked to a rather surly sales rep.
Here is what I could find out:
No one could tell me how many positions the stock locks into.
It does not come with a buffer. They don't sell the wrench.

By the time I add the buffer and wrench, ordered from someone else, the $26.95 (Buyer's Club) price is not that great.

Model 1 has a four-position fiberlite for $42 that comes with buffer, and they sell the tool for $15 or $5 (I'll have to call and find out what the difference is).
Link Posted: 8/7/2002 10:42:43 AM EDT
[#3]
The $15 is probably the multi-combo tool for AR-15's while the $5 is probably the stock only spanner wrench.  Get the better one.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top