Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/6/2002 4:24:30 PM EDT
Well sort of. There is this guy Timbs who makes the .223 Timbs which is a 7.62x25 saboted to accept .223 ss109. Kinda Interesting. Killer penetration.
Link Posted: 8/6/2002 5:10:01 PM EDT
[#1]
Do you have pictures or more information?
Link Posted: 8/6/2002 5:27:00 PM EDT
[#2]
Its in the current American Handgunner. Sorry I don't have any pics or links.
Link Posted: 8/6/2002 7:18:09 PM EDT
[#3]
I'm not suprised, honestly.. The 7.62X25 Tokarev, in it's Czech service form is hot already..Some of the old SMG ball chronographed around 1900 FPS..

Don't shoot that stuff out of your C-96, or your TT30/33..Keep the hot stuff for the SMG's or the CZ-52 pistol.

Meplat-
Link Posted: 8/6/2002 10:51:38 PM EDT
[#4]

owlnet.com/quality/223%20Timbs.htm

The .223 Timbs is the result of a co-development between Quality Cartridge and Joseph Timbs.  It is the American answer to the proprietary .224 BOZ, bringing the CZ-52 into the new millenium.  The .223 Timbs is a special loading of the 7.62x25 round for use only in the CZ-52 pistol.  It consists of a sabot like the Remington "Accelerator" pushing a 55gr bullet over 2000fps.  Concept was for devastating multi-purpose round, useable for small game, varmits, and defense.   Accuracy has proven to be on-par with traditional rounds fired from the same pistol, and terminal ballistics are quite impressive with initial tests showing devastating expansion from the varmit-type bullets.

Bullet Wt. Price (Bx 50)
55gr FMJ 31.97
55gr Ballistic Tip 33.97

Link Posted: 8/7/2002 6:15:38 AM EDT
[#5]
 Go over to FAL FILES and look up Mark Powell (FWRA). I bought hand picked CZ52 with all upgrades (heavy duty wolf springs, 3-4# trigger pull, ghost ring rear site, walnut gips, new threaded barrel with stainless steel compensator, new hardened steel rollers).
 I'm at work right now and I don't remember the prices for everything, but you can have this is virtually a custom pistol for substantially less than what you would normally pay these kinds of features in other pistols.
 Anyway, talk to Mark about this if you are interested at all because he can answer any questions you have about the CZ52 and all the different kinds of ammo available for it now.
 The CZ52 has got to be one of the most under rated pistols of all time. Just be ready for all the poeple who want to now what you're shooting and want to try it.
 Mark's email: [email protected]

slider      
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top