Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/5/2002 6:07:14 AM EDT
Saw the review in Law Enforcement guns (Guns for Law Enforcement?  Whatever.. )

Who actually has one, how ya like it, how much and where did ya get it?  
Link Posted: 8/5/2002 6:35:24 AM EDT
[#1]
I have the older version, the Sub-40 (40 SW cal; uses Glock mags).  Any how, I like mine.  Granted, I'm a lefty, so some of the blow back comes out of the ejection port (and right into face.)  That's how come I'm using a brass catcher.

For big guys, it's a little small.  I have a friend who tried it (big guy) and he had a hard time shouldering the weopon to get a correct sight picture.  Possibly the butt extension would help.

At 25yds, I have it set to shoot about 1-2" high, depending on the ammo.  I haven't had the chance to try it at longer ranges, ie 100yds-150yds.  My 9mm AR seems to be okay at 200yds.....

I have the magazine w/ that artical you are refering too.  I haven't read that report, but I was more interested in that sabot round for the CZ-??? pistol.  
Link Posted: 8/5/2002 11:53:27 AM EDT
[#2]
I have a Sub-9 as well.

Mine shoots POA at 25 yards with deadly accuracy.

I'm 5'10" and found the $12 butt extension well worth the money.

Can take Glock, Sig, Beretta, SW and other hi cap mags by merely swapping out the grip assembly.

Out to 50 yards, its a great shooter.  Past that, and it's AR time!

Email if you're interested in buying one.  I'm selling mine.
Link Posted: 8/5/2002 3:22:05 PM EDT
[#3]
I have a Sub-2000. The thing that sucks is the sights.

The front sight is windage and elevation adjustable. You really have to get the stock very high up on your cheek to get a good sight picture. KelTec is supposed to offer a scope mount that folds to the side when the rifle is folded. It shoots as well as can be expected with the bad sights.
Link Posted: 8/5/2002 3:45:39 PM EDT
[#4]
The "Sub2000" is a great little gun.

I had one in 9mm it shot great.

I am waiting for a 40 cal to come out.  I have a bunch of high cap glock 22 mags, so that should make it pretty fun.

Here retail is about $290-$315 depending on where you buy it.

Definately worth the $$$.

Tom
Link Posted: 8/5/2002 4:22:20 PM EDT
[#5]
Really don't care for the reciprocating cocking handle (or did they fix that on the new model?).  And the sights suck.

Other than that it seems like a very functional entry level pistol caliber carbine.
Link Posted: 8/5/2002 5:38:31 PM EDT
[#6]
If the front sight wasn't so tall an AK sight could be used as a substitute. It looks like the barrel diameters are the same.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top