Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/4/2002 7:17:39 PM EDT
Check this out: cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1848562180

Is this a ripoff? I've never seen a Bushmaster kit where you had to assemble the upper. I'm not thinking of buying it, just saw it and didn't think it looked right.
Opinions?[:\]
Link Posted: 8/4/2002 7:37:20 PM EDT
[#1]
$650. thats insanity. i bet its a JT kit or something.
Link Posted: 8/4/2002 8:12:39 PM EDT
[#2]
I thought it could only be considered "pre-ban" if it was assembled prior to the ban.  I may be wrong, but I thought I read that somewhere in the forum.
Link Posted: 8/4/2002 8:23:30 PM EDT
[#3]
because of the threaded barrel, it is in "pre ban" configuration.

Keving67
Link Posted: 8/4/2002 9:31:15 PM EDT
[#4]
It's a bit overpriced.
Link Posted: 8/5/2002 2:50:12 AM EDT
[#5]
I was just concerned that he is representing it as a Bushmaster Carbine kit, but if you actually look at a Bushmaster catalog (or their web site) their kits include a completely assembled and test fired upper. This guy is offering to assemble the upper for the buyer at no extra charge. That makes me suspicious that the "kit" is not made by Bushmaster at all!
Link Posted: 8/5/2002 10:12:07 AM EDT
[#6]
Hi there, I've been thinking about that same kit myself...If you are really curious, you could ask the guy to take photo's of the BBl showing that it has the normal BM marks on it..ie C BMP 1/9 5.56 nato...I have a kit supplied upper (not from BM) and it lacks those markings. Also you could look that the pins which hold on the front sight..BM to my knowlege has their own type that the use for thier rifles. You could also call BM and see what their take is on it??? Hope this helps..
Link Posted: 8/5/2002 1:54:12 PM EDT
[#7]
This guy generally overcharges on auction items.  

Example:  
HIM - ACE skeletonized stock with buttpad, $125 + $5 shipping = $130

DSA - ACE skeletonized stock, $89, buttpad, $14, + $5 shipping = $108

The problem is, people bid and buy his stuff for the inflated prices because they don't bother to research.

Chris
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top