Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/4/2002 4:27:41 PM EDT
I just got a Savage 10FP-LE1 friday afternoon. Its a 20" black bull barrel 308 with synthetic stock for $441.00

I also bought the weaver mounts to go on it. Do I have to use loctite on the mount screws??

I didn't know if guntight would be better or would red loctite work just fine.

Once the loctite is on the screws can they be loosend without applying heat to them? I'm sure I would never take them off but just in case I wanted to know if I could or not.

I plan on putting a Choate ultimate sniper stock on it with a Harris bipod and a BSA 6-24X50 scope.

Does anyone have one of these rifles or ever shot one? If so I'm just curious what you think about it accuracy wise.

And if anyone has a Choate ultimate sniper stock I would be interested in hearing if you like it or not.

Thanks.
Link Posted: 8/4/2002 6:04:15 PM EDT
[#1]
I wouldn't use Loctite Red, that's the permanent stuff.  Use it, and you'll play hell getting them out again.

I'd use Loctite Blue, which is the removable type.

The way to do this is as follows:
Clean the screws and the holes with a solvent like lacquor thinner or alcahol to remove all oil.
Put a dab of Loctite Blue in each hole and a tiny bit on the screws.
Put the screws in snug, and then before it starts to set up, Put a GOOD, proper fitting screwdriver into the slot, PUSH DOWN and turn the screw in, and at the SAME TIME give the screwdriver handle a sharp rap with a plastic hammer or screwdriver handle.
This mates the screw threads in the holes and the screws, and breaks up any bubbles in the holes. (Just a rap, not too hard).

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top