Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/3/2002 12:51:42 AM EDT
How do you like your kit gun? Does it function reliably if kept reasonaly clean? I know it doesn't have the chrome lined barrel and such, but does this seem to affect the reliability much? I like the fact they have chambers that can accomodate the hotter 5.56mm ammo and this should help reliability along somewhat. What do you think of these after assembled? I plan on using a stripped RRA lower. Thanks.
Link Posted: 8/3/2002 6:45:54 AM EDT
[#1]
I built one.  Went together great, shot very nicely, no complaints.
Link Posted: 8/3/2002 6:46:03 AM EDT
[#2]
Here are some other threads asking the same question:
www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?id=119487
www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?id=134770
www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?id=135690
I think you'll find that J&T gets near universal praise for its kits and service.

My J&T rifles have been extremely reliable, even with hot surplus ammo.
Link Posted: 8/4/2002 11:00:03 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
How do you like your kit gun? Does it function reliably if kept reasonaly clean? I know it doesn't have the chrome lined barrel and such, but does this seem to affect the reliability much? I like the fact they have chambers that can accomodate the hotter 5.56mm ammo and this should help reliability along somewhat. What do you think of these after assembled? I plan on using a stripped RRA lower. Thanks.

i have one for sale right now. its a 16 inch CAR hbar. it was shot twice. i just built it for shits n' giggles. i would sell for what it cost me to build plus shipping
Link Posted: 8/4/2002 11:04:03 AM EDT
[#4]
Built the light wieght tactical with fluted barrel a couple mnths ago. Awsome!!! Fires great, looks deadly!
Link Posted: 8/4/2002 7:55:59 PM EDT
[#5]
ive had mine to the range twice. its a 16" HBAR. i love it. i put it together in about 45min on a cheapie Century reciever (forged) built the whole thing just to shoot cheap ammo. fired a sampling through it of Q3131, Q3131a, XM193, SA, guat, M855 and 200 rds of Wolf. not a single failure in 400rds.
Link Posted: 8/4/2002 8:24:18 PM EDT
[#6]
i built one of the full size a2's for a co-worker, functions& looks great! would be better if they parkerized their barrels instead of bluing them.
Link Posted: 8/5/2002 9:26:05 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
i built one of the full size a2's for a co-worker, functions& looks great! would be better if they parkerized their barrels instead of bluing them.

I just built a J&T M-4gery kit and its barrel is park'd.  Wonder why yours is blued.  FWIW, it went together like a dream and shoots great!
Link Posted: 8/5/2002 10:19:15 AM EDT
[#8]
16" BullBarrel kit, went together on RRA lower, no problem, shoots great.

Just do it!

dave
Link Posted: 8/5/2002 11:41:41 AM EDT
[#9]
My M4 kit is more accurate than both my Bushmasters, but the chamber seems a little tight.  Other than that, I can't see any appreciable difference in parts quality.

I'm planning to buy another upper, an A2.
Link Posted: 8/5/2002 1:42:40 PM EDT
[#10]
I have 2 ARs built from J&T kits, the first one that iI built was the 20inch Hbar, then i built the  M4gery, the 20 is on a PWA lower, and the M4gery is on a RRA lower, each weapon has over 1000rnds through them with no problems.
http://members.aol.com/scruff009/gunshoot/my2ars.jpg
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top