Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/30/2002 2:31:26 PM EDT
I have a M1A Supermatch coming this week and I want to put my Leupold 3.5x10x40 M3 on it. Who makes the best scope mount set up and how much will it cost me? Also which ones are crap? Thanks for the help!
bcr308
Link Posted: 7/30/2002 3:39:52 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
I have a M1A Supermatch coming this week and I want to put my Leupold 3.5x10x40 M3 on it. Who makes the best scope mount set up and how much will it cost me? Also which ones are crap? Thanks for the help!
bcr308

The ONLY mount to buy (and I've tried several over the years) is the A.R.M.S #18.
The #18 is a VERY low profile mount and it is
currently being used by US and NATO forces.
Unfortunatley, this makes them kinda hard to
get right now for much less than retail.
Plan on spending $150 to $185.

If you use the A.R.M.S #18 combined with the
A.R.M.S quick release rings you can still
retain use of the iron sights.

And yes, the rings will allow a return to zero if installed correctly.

The mount is made out of the same material as the receiver so it expands and contracts at the same rate as the receiver when heating up and cooling. Also, it's the only mount that allows you to use your iron sights by looking OVER the mount rather than under the mount.
Link Posted: 7/30/2002 5:10:18 PM EDT
[#2]
A.R.M.S.#18, #19A & #21 STANAG was my choice

Link Posted: 7/30/2002 5:12:38 PM EDT
[#3]
A.R.M.S #18, is a good mount .
Link Posted: 7/31/2002 12:22:13 PM EDT
[#4]
Brookfield used to be the one to have.  I think they were pretty hard to get though.

Looks like Fulton is now pushing the Arms mount.

What ever mount you go with, you need to know it's a more or less permanant modification.  

I wanted a detachable mount so I'd still be able to use my rifle for Service matches but gave up the idea due to the need for the mount to stay in place once installed.
Link Posted: 7/31/2002 1:20:27 PM EDT
[#5]
Brookfield is THE mount to get,IF you could get one.I have a Smith mount on my M1A.It's basically a clone of the Brookfield.A good heavy duty,steel,3 point mount.I've never used one but many people swear by the ARMS also.The McCann mount is another option.Springfield mounts are junk.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top