Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/29/2002 9:20:01 PM EDT
I just traded a walther P1/with holster two mags and cleaning kit(your basic 299.00 rig).   In trade with 100.00 bucks for a Pre-ban tec-Nine.

It came with threaded barrel and threaded extended barrel hand grip,one twenty rnd,36 rnd,and a fifty round steel mags.  Only wear on the Tec Nine is where the firing pin carrier contacts the triger sear.

Did I do good on this trade as I see where somebody here is trying to sell one just like it for 500 and is getting no takers.  Also it is the mini Tec with the short barrel(range about sixty feet).     It's not going to take the place of my carbine or M1 Grande but should be quite a thrill at close quarters.

What do you guys think of this trade,should I keep it or trade it?

Bob      
Link Posted: 7/29/2002 9:48:17 PM EDT
[#1]
Reminds me of the old saying, "A fool & his Walther..............".

You got burned bad, dude.
Link Posted: 7/29/2002 10:02:08 PM EDT
[#2]
Gee I hope you are just kidding! But with a name like Bob Cole thats not it Huh?

Bob Cole    
Link Posted: 7/29/2002 10:46:01 PM EDT
[#3]
Do what you want.  That's a spray and pray gun.  Hope it's better built then the AB-10 I picked up when I was young & dumb.  Ya can push a 9mm bullet down the barrel w/ a pencil in my AB-10....  I think Intratec screwed up on machining the barrel.

Any how, it's your 'toy'.
Link Posted: 7/30/2002 3:17:30 AM EDT
[#4]
I traded an SKS "Paratrooper" for a pre-ban TEC-9 once.  Geez I still wish I had that Paratrooper.
Link Posted: 7/30/2002 3:32:23 AM EDT
[#5]
As long as you like it then you did OK, it doesn't matter what we think about a Tech-9 because we didn't buy it. I would suggest you give it a try and if it works fine then just keep it
Link Posted: 7/30/2002 6:33:29 AM EDT
[#6]
Fun wise? You probably did good.. Quite a few people I've let shoot my P-38 did'nt like it, and the TEC-9 is definitely a "recreational firearm"..

Value wise? Well...

Has the anal bleeding stopped yet?

Meplat-
Link Posted: 7/30/2002 8:09:49 AM EDT
[#7]
You need to try to trade that Tec 9 Quickly.

Those guns suck, they jam a lot.
I was a fool once and bought one a while back.
Luckily I found another dumb ass and traded it for
a really good Jericho 9mm.
Sorry you had to learn the hard way as well.
Link Posted: 7/30/2002 8:17:58 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 7/30/2002 8:34:21 AM EDT
[#9]
A pre-ban DC9M was one of my first guns.  There's a class 2 dealer in town that loves 'em (when they're made to FA), but he says you gotta keep it full of oil.

ilikelegs, I'll vouch for the fact that those suckers jam all the time.  Not even fun for me to shoot anymore, and I would'nt recoup anything if I sold it.  So, it sits in its case waiting to become a collector's item.  
Link Posted: 7/30/2002 8:37:02 AM EDT
[#10]
Okay, it is fun just to unload...

About feeding problems/jams.  One, make sure the mags you have are factory or from a good manufacturer.  USA mags are just plain old bad for it.  I have one for my AB-10 and it needed 'repair' to work right.

Find ammo it likes and stick w/ it.  Mine loved hot ammo like Seller & Bellot (spelling).  I thought it was hot ammo....  Other then that.  Enjoy... I enjoyed mine (before I found out about the barrel.)

Link Posted: 7/30/2002 10:16:11 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Okay, it is fun just to unload...

About feeding problems/jams.  One, make sure the mags you have are factory or from a good manufacturer.  USA mags are just plain old bad for it.  I have one for my AB-10 and it needed 'repair' to work right.

Find ammo it likes and stick w/ it.  Mine loved hot ammo like Seller & Bellot (spelling).  I thought it was hot ammo....  Other then that.  Enjoy... I enjoyed mine (before I found out about the barrel.)

My Tec-nine will gobble up winchester,and wolf but the seller&Bellot just fires like every other one and just dimples the primers mostly,must be a hard military primer in the batch  of shells I got.

Well I bought some PMC bulk shells (11.25 for 100 rounds} will try them.     I can buy another walther(p-38 not another P1) for 350.00 if I feel the need,but my pt-92 will out shoot it and hold 17 rounds to boot.

Thanks guys for the input.      Bob  
Link Posted: 7/30/2002 10:52:40 PM EDT
[#12]
Dont listen to these guys, you did fine, the tec-9 is worth about $400 by itself, and the mags are worth about a hundred. They are fun guns and honestly my Tec-9 is more reliable than my Walther PPK!

Good job have fun with it!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top