Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/28/2002 2:04:16 PM EDT
Is there a gun show in houston next weekend?  Aug 3-4?

Thanks

Link Posted: 7/28/2002 5:05:54 PM EDT
[#1]
Yes, at the GR Brown Center.
High Caliber Shows 281-331-5969
Link Posted: 7/28/2002 5:16:59 PM EDT
[#2]
Also Aug. 17 & 18 is the Houston Gun Collectors Association and it's at the Relaint Hall I think.  Their number is 409-935-3292 if you want to double check.  The info is from a card they passed out at the last show.
Link Posted: 7/28/2002 5:38:12 PM EDT
[#3]
The High Caliber will have ammunition and powder.

The HGCA will not.  It will have reloading components (bullets, casings), but no powder.  However, it's a much larget show.  Should be a good one with hunting season growing closer.
Link Posted: 7/28/2002 5:41:31 PM EDT
[#4]
i will try and go!  we should have a AR15 get togeather!
Link Posted: 7/28/2002 5:47:20 PM EDT
[#5]
I can make it to HGCA on the 17th. Perhaps we should all wear AR15.COM T shirts?
Lebrew

Link Posted: 7/28/2002 5:53:18 PM EDT
[#6]
HGCA is MUCH larger and I will be in attendance as well.  It would be great to meet some AR brothers, the more the merrier!!!  We should also organize a shoot sometime, maybe out at American.  I was out there last weekend and a small group, maybe 5-6 were having an informal benchrest tourny at the 200.  We could do the same.  Just a thought...
Link Posted: 7/29/2002 6:17:47 AM EDT
[#7]
I'll be there (big show).  Friends have a table.
Probably have on a khaki NY Yankees ball cap w/ red white and blue logo.

Stop and say hi.

Brian K. Sain
Link Posted: 7/29/2002 7:05:15 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I can make it to HGCA on the 17th. Perhaps we should all wear AR15.COM T shirts?
Lebrew

do we just get our own shirt made?  or where can we get one? which one is everyone going to?
Link Posted: 7/29/2002 10:43:31 AM EDT
[#9]
who all is going, and which one (s) are you going to so i can arrange my plans accordingly
Link Posted: 7/29/2002 10:57:39 AM EDT
[#10]
I'll definitely make the HGCA show.

I'll be looking for a deal or two, particularly on mags........

If I had an AR15.com shirt I'd wear it...

Or a cap...black preferably...
Link Posted: 7/29/2002 11:15:30 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Lebrew

do we just get our own shirt made?  or where can we get one? which one is everyone going to?

Look in the AR15.com Merchandise Forum in the Special Interest section.
Link Posted: 7/29/2002 11:21:07 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

The HGCA will not.  It will have reloading components (bullets, casings), but no powder.  However, it's a much larget show.  Should be a good one with hunting season growing closer.

I have been told that the HGCA will begin carrying ammo starting with this upcoming show.  It was a rumor a while back, and I asked T's Ammo at the last show.  They confirmed it.
Link Posted: 7/29/2002 12:29:53 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I have been told that the HGCA will begin carrying ammo starting with this upcoming show.  It was a rumor a while back, and I asked T's Ammo at the last show.  They confirmed it.

Excellent!  I always wondered why they didn't.  The Astroarena shows have ammo, but the astrohall shows never do.  Or maybe I have that reversed, as I always confuse the names of the two places.

Either way, I'll be at the HGCA show on the 17th.

I'll be wearing a black OpenBSD t-shirt with a LOUD orange and green overshirt.  You literally cannot miss it.

Remember the Alamo, and God Bless Texas...
Link Posted: 7/29/2002 12:49:58 PM EDT
[#14]
Still not sure about the ammo at HGCA. Saw an as in Shotgun News for tables and it specifically stated no ammo. Maybe some of the confusion is coming from the show at the Astroarena which did have ammo. Confusing, isn't it.
Link Posted: 7/29/2002 12:55:37 PM EDT
[#15]
kkyle,

Just to confirm, I saw an ad in Shotgun News too....said NO AMMO.....

Link Posted: 7/29/2002 5:06:58 PM EDT
[#16]
I saw the same ad about the "no ammo."

It's possible that it could be printed that way out of habit.  It's been awhile since that idiot spoiled it for us all.

Excellent! I always wondered why they didn't. The Astroarena shows have ammo, but the astrohall shows never do. Or maybe I have that reversed, as I always confuse the names of the two places.

At an HGCA in the Astro Hall (green building) a few years back, some idiot chambered a round and fired it.  After that, no ammo in the Hall.
Link Posted: 7/29/2002 5:15:04 PM EDT
[#17]
Note to self:
  Need more ammo!
Link Posted: 8/4/2002 6:26:32 PM EDT
[#18]
Spoke to the guys at T's Ammo yesterday, and they said that ammo being allowed at the big show has been postponed until November.  It was planned to be allowed at the show coming up, but not all the kinks got worked out.
Link Posted: 8/5/2002 1:51:31 PM EDT
[#19]
Its been a couple of years since I went there, but there was a BBQ counter on the right hand side about half way back. Anybody care to share a table for a break there around 2?  
Lebrew
Link Posted: 8/5/2002 8:44:39 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
Its been a couple of years since I went there, but there was a BBQ counter on the right hand side about half way back. Anybody care to share a table for a break there around 2?  
Lebrew

Which day?
Link Posted: 8/5/2002 10:50:41 PM EDT
[#21]
Just for grins and giggles, here's the shows I know of in Houston and surrounding areas until the end of the year and who is putting them on.

Aug 17-18 @Reliant Center by Houston Gun Collectors Association (2000 table show).

Aug 24-25 @Pasadena Convention Center by High Caliber Gun and Knife Shows

Sep 14-15 @Reliant Arena Center by High Caliber.

Oct 26-27 @Pasadena Convention Center by High Caliber.

Nov 9-10 @Reliant Center by Houston Gun Collectors Association (2000 tables)

Nov 23-24 @George R. Brown Convention Center by High Caliber

Dec 14-15 @George R. Brown by High Caliber

Dec 21-22 @Reliant Arena by High Caliber

Dec 28-29 @Pasadena Convention Center by High Caliber

Remember the Alamo, and God Bless Texas...
Link Posted: 8/6/2002 6:28:33 AM EDT
[#22]
Im looking at a Saturday day trip. Up there by the time the doors open and leave after supper.
It looks like I will bring a couple buddies along as well.
Lebrew
Link Posted: 8/6/2002 5:15:23 PM EDT
[#23]

Gonna be in the big pretty new building... the lay out will be different.

Anyway, I'm going with friends from work, but no idea when.  Gonna be looking for some Wilson mags for my Kimber CDP II and maybe miscellaneous stuff.

I wish they'd got the ammo situation hammered out, but I won't hold my breath with the HGCA.
Link Posted: 8/16/2002 8:26:08 PM EDT
[#24]
OK, are we still thinking about meeting sometime around 2?  If anybody is interested in meeting, fire me off an e-mail, and I'll give you my cell phone #.  I'll be there for a while tomorrow.
Link Posted: 8/16/2002 9:43:45 PM EDT
[#25]
apparently F*ing randalls volunteered me to going from 1-3pm to bowl for chairity.....get this....they tell me just as i leave work today!!!!!  MOFOs!  so i wont be there. sorry....by the way if it dosnt improve in 2 weeks, then i will be giving my 2 week notice.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top