Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/28/2002 8:15:45 AM EDT
I bought this gun a few months ago and now no longer want it.  The gun is a 4" Colt King Cobra in .357.  The pistol is like new and the blued model.  The reason I bought it because I thought it might have been RARE model because I've never seen a blued model of this model.  Is this gun rare and what is the book value on it?  I'm going to trade it on a Colt Defender or a Colt XSE.  

Link Posted: 7/28/2002 8:21:28 AM EDT
[#1]
I don't think it is very rare. My book list it at About $400 fot 100% cond.
Link Posted: 7/28/2002 10:05:12 AM EDT
[#2]
If it was a 6" Blued, I'd buy it from you! I used to have one, and it was the best revolver I ever owned.  I sold it to help pay for my college tuition, thinking I could buy another later.  Turns out colt isn't making them anymore! If the're worth $400, I guess that's pretty good considering I only paid $250 NIB back in '89 for mine.

Link Posted: 7/28/2002 2:07:33 PM EDT
[#3]
The King Cobra was unusual in that it was the first new model gun ever made in stainless steel BEFORE a blue version.

Although not as common as stainless, the blued version isn't rare.
Link Posted: 7/28/2002 4:48:01 PM EDT
[#4]
How much do you think I can get for a trade in?  Do you think $340 is possible?
Link Posted: 7/28/2002 6:04:47 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
How much do you think I can get for a trade in?  Do you think $340 is possible?

Many years of experience tell me your particular King Cobra is only worth about $75.00 shipped to Oklahoma City !  

(Uh, you got mail.)
Link Posted: 7/29/2002 1:52:54 PM EDT
[#6]
Morgan-Keegan:

I'd recommend selling the Cobra either on your own, or on consignment at a gun shop.  You will get more this way.  Gunshops cannot offer as much as a straight trade.

A friend of mine found this out last year when he traded an early post-war bright blued Walther P-38 for $100.00 LESS than he could have sold it on consignment at the same gunshop.
Link Posted: 7/29/2002 4:19:54 PM EDT
[#7]
Not as rare as a 2inch blue model.
Link Posted: 7/29/2002 4:22:26 PM EDT
[#8]
Not as rare as a 2inch blue model.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top