Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/26/2002 1:37:41 PM EDT
the NRA sent me out some form letters that I am suppose to foward to anti gunners like barbara boxer and other scum bags, it is concerning a bill that wouldn't allow lawyers to sue law abiding gun makers.  
Should I bother sending them out I doubt Boxer is going to give a flying Fuck about what us NRA members think she only cares that she can carry a gun on her own and doesn't care about us little people.
Link Posted: 7/26/2002 2:21:30 PM EDT
[#1]
Fill them out and send them by all means. While it may not sway her opinion, if all of the NRA members in her district would do so, it would send a powerful message that not everyone believes in her anti-gun BS views. That is always important.

I really wish more gun owners would become NRA members. For the cost of a few boxes of ammo each year, you can be a part of the organization that is responsible for keeping your gun rights intact. Without the NRA, I would hate to see what this country's gun laws would be like today. They may not be perfect, but they are the best chance we have of saving our firearms freedoms. Come on everyone, send in your $35 per year and let's increase the membership and funds to fight these gun grabbers. Just because we have "Dubya" in the Oval Office doesn't mean we should let down our guard. The democrats are trying hard to gain seats in the House this Fall and if they succeed, that's only trouble for gun owners.
Link Posted: 7/26/2002 5:52:42 PM EDT
[#2]
In before the start of the inevitable "I refuse to join the NRA because" thread.

Typical arguments begin:

1. They send me too much fund raising stuff and I can't be bothered throwing it in the trash.

2. The NRA supported some law that I don't, or compromised on something and I won't support them.

3. The NRA only cares about Hunters with bolt action guns.

Personally, the NRA may not be perfect, but they do a lot of good things, and they are better than nothing.

Link Posted: 7/26/2002 6:00:27 PM EDT
[#3]
hey 1911,

are those form letters somewhat generic? what i'm getting at is this. would you retype the letter, post it on as many gunner forums as possible ( at least here ) so folks can copy, modify, then paste to send it to their respective reps? that would be great!!

election time is around the corner folks!
Link Posted: 7/26/2002 6:08:28 PM EDT
[#4]
I joined the NRA for American Rifleman magazine.

JPFO is my choice for activism.
Link Posted: 7/26/2002 6:40:54 PM EDT
[#5]
Send them, it can't hurt, and it might help.  I did.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top