Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/25/2002 10:54:11 AM EDT
What are hinged floorplates? DO these replace magazines or something? Is it like in a shotgun so that you can just shove ammo into the rifle?

Does the M24 SWS come this way since It does have an internal mag after all.

How do internal mags work? Are they good?

How good is the M24 SWS compared to say a AWP or a Steyr PIIK or even a regular 700 with the regular Leupold scope, bipod, crowned barrel, and trigger job? Or, hehehe, a Blaser 93 LRS2??? How much does the full M24 package deal cost (scope and all)?

Two more questions: What does BTT and IIRC mean??? They are driving me nuts. I have no clue what they mean...

Doggonit (The SIGer)
Link Posted: 7/25/2002 10:59:43 AM EDT
[#1]

BTT

I guess this is what BTT is for but I still dont knwo what is means.
Link Posted: 7/25/2002 11:03:06 AM EDT
[#2]
btt
Link Posted: 7/25/2002 5:34:25 PM EDT
[#3]
Below is a drawing of a hinged floorplate on an M700.  I’m pretty certain the M24 has this set-up.

I have a vague recollection of Remington starting to sell M24’s commercially but I forget where I saw that.

ironbrigadearmory.com/ sells a version of the M40A1, if you’re interested in it.

The advantage of an internal magazine over a separate one is that you can’t lose anything.  The disadvantage is limited round capacity.  Plus you can’t carry any spare magazines with you.  Individual rounds must be loaded singly into the top of the magazine with the bolt open.

btt – back to the top  (using this too frequently is viewed akin to getting on an elevator and punching all the buttons!)

iirc – if I recall correctly

Someone else will have to help you with your other questions.
Link Posted: 7/25/2002 6:59:21 PM EDT
[#4]
My thoughts on the M24 SWS.

The M24 is a VERY accurate rifle. I believe this is due largely to the 5R barrel. At 100yds there is usually one ragged hole.

The Leupold M3A scope is extremely durable with great glass. It has easy, idiot proof adjustments with a BDC(1 MOA elevation adjustments) and 1/2 MOA windage adjustments. Not as precise as 1/4 MOA.

Leupold MK 4 base and rings work fine.

I have never had extraction problems. Feeding is somewhat problematic due to the LA receiver and SA round(7.62mm Nato). Blanks must be single loaded or they will jam. I was taught to single load live rounds as well. This also allows you to remove the spent casing without flipping it and chancing that it will be seen by the enemy.

I hate the un-natural ergonomics of the HS Precision stock. My wrist is always sore after extended shooting sessions. I would much rather have a McMillan A2 type with the more pronounced drop at the pistol grip.

The Adjustable stock length is more of an annoyance than a convenience. I would much rather have a spacer type system.
Link Posted: 7/25/2002 7:23:52 PM EDT
[#5]
THANK YOU , 199 !
Link Posted: 7/25/2002 7:51:52 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I have a vague recollection of Remington starting to sell M24’s commercially but I forget where I saw that.

www.remingtonle.com/rifle/m24.htm
Link Posted: 7/25/2002 8:28:59 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

www.remingtonle.com/rifle/m24.htm

I need one of those after I pick up the PSS in .223
Link Posted: 7/26/2002 6:44:56 AM EDT
[#8]
can anyone give me the link to the PSS. I have never found a PSS rifle. I looked at the regular Remington site, The LE site. Everywhere... What is this PSS? M24 SWS all the way $6000.......

Doggonit
Link Posted: 7/26/2002 6:52:35 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
can anyone give me the link to the PSS.

www.remingtonle.com/rifle/700p.htm
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top