Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/25/2002 8:30:42 AM EDT
OK. Here's the situation.

I bought two Garands from CMP about 9 months ago.  I lucked out.  Even though one was "collector" grade and one was "service" grade, both rifles were all original Korean war vintage garands, matching receivers, bolts, barrels and stocks.  One is an H&R, the other a Springfield.

Fast forward.  Money is tight these days for me.  I need to sell one of the two even though I love them both and hate to part with them.

What are they worth?  What's the best market for them?  I'd like to sell rather soon, but don't want to sell for less than market on these.  

Any advice?
Link Posted: 7/25/2002 9:03:11 AM EDT
[#1]
I'm not real sure on the valuation.  A good place to inquire might be here:

battlerifles.com/

Let us know what you intend to do, I might be interested.
Link Posted: 7/25/2002 9:17:33 AM EDT
[#2]
www.gunsamerica.com/fast.cgi?guncat=2452

Find one that matches pretty close to yours.

But my advice would be find another source of money. I'd take a second job at McD's before I sold my guns.

Link Posted: 7/27/2002 3:46:10 AM EDT
[#3]
I bought an H&R Garand little over a month ago and paid $750.

It was in 99% condition including the stock. It hardly looks like its been fired.

I wasn't exactly doing back flips at paying $750 but I've wanted a real nice M1 Garand for over a year now and am happy that what I got was in absolutely great condition.
Link Posted: 7/27/2002 5:15:37 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I bought an H&R Garand little over a month ago and paid $750.

It was in 99% condition including the stock. It hardly looks like its been fired.

I wasn't exactly doing back flips at paying $750 but I've wanted a real nice M1 Garand for over a year now and am happy that what I got was in absolutely great condition.

Is your H&R in original condition, or has it been rebarrelled or rebuilt?
Link Posted: 7/27/2002 7:21:21 AM EDT
[#5]

Is your H&R in original condition, or has it been rebarrelled or rebuilt?

The receiver below the stock (not visible) is marked with an arsenal rebuild etching (LEAD 01-66).
Link Posted: 7/27/2002 7:50:56 AM EDT
[#6]
Price and market also depends alot on barrel condition (TE and MW) "parts" content,original or replaced ie heat lot on bolts, SA parts on an HRA rifle, SA or HRA op rod, trigger group etc...do they match era or are they mixers.

Any cartouches on the wood? Walnut or birch?

Barrel breach in the "white...not parked"? If parked, probably rebuild or barrel replaced.

Any rebuild marks on the legs?

Guess what I'm saying tough to put a accurate value without more details or actually seeing rifles.  

Garandman is right.  Try to hold on.  What I've seen coming out from CMP of late only pushes the demand up on the nice stuff.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top