Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/24/2002 6:56:52 PM EDT
I've been following the guys over at the Roderus Custom forums and recently bought my first mini-mill.

Here's my first project: a homemade M1913-compliant scope mount for my Robinson M96 carbine.  

I'm pretty pleased with the way it turned out.
I wrote up the method I used at my webpage.

The low rings combined with the drop in the buttstock provide the perfect height for the scope, allowing a good cheekweld.

Link Posted: 7/25/2002 1:32:44 AM EDT
[#1]
Impressive indeed. How well does it hold zero - or is that even an issue?
Link Posted: 7/25/2002 5:25:10 AM EDT
[#2]
very cool,

chalk up one more point for home machinerery
Link Posted: 7/25/2002 5:47:01 AM EDT
[#3]
Excellent use of your machinery to scope that rifle.

Interesting use of a doorknob to display your rifle.

Link Posted: 7/25/2002 8:26:43 AM EDT
[#4]
Looks great.  

You ought to check out the latest Guns And Weapons For LE magazine, it has a pretty good article on the M96.
Link Posted: 7/25/2002 10:57:51 AM EDT
[#5]
I haven't tested it out yet on the range, but it is very solid when tightened down.

As for the doorknob, I haven't had good luck with lying things on the floor to take photos.
Link Posted: 7/25/2002 11:00:28 AM EDT
[#6]
Looks production quality. When do you go into business?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top