Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/24/2002 2:27:04 AM EDT
Does anyone know where I might find information on the serial numbers for the  Colt SP1 Carbines. I bought an SP1 at a gun show and it was dressed with the A1-16" upper, and the metal 2 position collapsable stock. But I want to know for sure if I got a good deal on a true Carbine, or just something someone put together.....
Link Posted: 7/24/2002 3:17:11 AM EDT
[#1]
Try here for variants: www.biggerhammer.net/ar15/variants/ and the serial number list is up top under Articles/Legal at the bottom.

Mike
Link Posted: 7/24/2002 3:51:10 AM EDT
[#2]
If it actually has an A1 upper, with the forward assist, then it's not totally original.  The SP1s never had the forward assist.  If, on the other hand, it has the smooth side upper, then it probably is original.

I don't know if Colt kept any records on which SP1s went out with 16" rather than 20" barrels, but you could check w/them. Unfortunately, all the SP1's went out with the same reciever markings.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top