Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/23/2002 11:20:30 AM EDT
At the mid-Missouri shoot this Saturday my beloved STG58 doubled as a friend shot it.  It had tripled once before in the hands of another friend recently, but I thought maybe the safety had been put in the wrong position or something.  Once is happenstance, twice is coincidence, but I'm not going to wait for "enemy action".  

I emailed the owner of First Son Enterprises and told him what had happened, and asked him if there was anything besides the fire control group that could cause the gun to double and triple.  I've put about 500 rounds of pure joy through the FAL with the FSE trigger, hammer, and sear, and they still look really new, but the sear dimensions ARE slightly different from the evil original Austrian sear which will put me in jail for years and years if I dare install it... but I digress.

I got an email response from the owner of FSE today, and he said that his hammer and sear design have been modified since I purchased mine from TAPCO awhile back.  He is sending me a new fire control group free of charge, no questions asked.  The only other option I could come up with for an American made fire control group was DSArms' group at $90 plus shipping.  So as you might guess, I'm VERY happy with the customer service from FSE.  My FAL will soon be back up and running!

http://www.hunting-pictures.com/members/MolonLabe/smallfal2.jpg
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top