Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/22/2002 11:28:50 PM EDT
I can't quit buying guns.. it's more addictive than smoking and I do it also lol.. I've been buying guns for 2 years now and have 11.. I have a HK USC and M1 Garand on lay a way.. I want a DE .50AE, a winchester .480 ruger Lever, a M1 Super 90 benelli, one of those Colt mil spec 1911's used in WWII..a Kel tec Sub2000, and last but certainly not least.. a Colt python 8" barrel deep blued..  ARG! I guess I have a good headstart huh?
Link Posted: 7/22/2002 11:36:32 PM EDT
[#1]
Well, Vermilion, no offense but you are a wuss. 2 yrs and only 11, you need to pick up the pace dude. Sorry if I'm offensive, I've been drinkin.
Link Posted: 7/23/2002 12:11:45 AM EDT
[#2]
Two years= 11 guns? I'd say that your moving at a good clip. I had a total of two guns for eight years, once. I'm catching up though. The most I ever bought in one year was four.
Link Posted: 7/23/2002 1:15:17 AM EDT
[#3]
I know how you feel   I make a little list and check them off as I get them. Also since im in Kali I've got the mentality of 'May not be able to get it later so get it now!'
Link Posted: 7/23/2002 6:21:43 AM EDT
[#4]
well, if you're having a problem NOW, what ever you do , DO NOT get a C&R license!!!!
Link Posted: 7/23/2002 7:57:33 AM EDT
[#5]
2 year 11 guns thats nothing try 16 guns in 8 months... they consist of ar-15 type rifles-2 ak-47 type rifles-2 semi-1 and pump-3 shotguns bolt guns-2 and .22 semi autos-4 and .22 bolt actions-2  .....oh man i think i have a problem

oh man that doesn't count the boxes of ammo i have for then eather
Link Posted: 7/23/2002 7:58:12 AM EDT
[#6]
I've bought a my second Ar15 this year, my HK Match, Springfield Micro Compact, Rem 700 PSS, and I have tha USC and Garand on lay-a-way so that would make 6.. and its only been half a year!
Link Posted: 7/23/2002 10:17:56 AM EDT
[#7]
The only advice I can offer you is that if you wait around long enough, you will find that your urge to get a particular gun will likely fade.  I've dodged quite a few turkeys that way.

Also, it wasn't long ago that I realized I could satisfy the "new gun urge" by simply swapping at a gun show.  

The problem, of course, is finding a gun you can bear to part with.
Link Posted: 7/28/2002 9:41:33 AM EDT
[#8]
LIGHTWEIGHT; the average Texan ownes, what is it, it's either 12 or 18 guns per person throughout the entire State.  That's an average, most people own more, some own less.  But you, you are a LIGHTWEIGHT.
Link Posted: 7/28/2002 10:39:04 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
well, if you're having a problem NOW, what ever you do , DO NOT get a C&R license!!!!

LOL!

I'll second that.  A C&R license will drain your wallet faster than any woman ever could.

Fortunately, many C&R guns are pretty inexpensive, so you can buy that much more.  

Link Posted: 7/28/2002 10:46:29 AM EDT
[#10]
I don't understand. What's the problem?

Oh yeah. You need to start buying gun safes. I'm trying to get a discount price on two or three for myself.

"One gun a month. It's not the law, but it's certainly a good minimum."
Link Posted: 7/28/2002 10:52:59 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

A C&R license will drain your wallet faster than any woman ever could.

Fortunately, many C&R guns are pretty inexpensive, so you can buy that much more.  

Not being able to pick up the phone and have guns delivered to my doorstep saves me a bundle of money. There's no woman in the picture right now, but I'm thinking I need to get one of my female friends to play surrogate "you bought ANOTHER STINKIN GUN!?!?" screamer.

Seriously, it's finally levelled off because the safe is almost full, and I have several I haven't shot in a while, and one I'll probably never shoot (Mosin). I'm thinking about getting rid of all the C&R guns I have that aren't VG condition or better, and not allowing any more clunkers into the safe.
Link Posted: 7/28/2002 2:27:04 PM EDT
[#12]
Vermilion
Piss off Sarah Brady ! Give up the cancer sticks and use the money for ammo!
Link Posted: 7/28/2002 3:12:03 PM EDT
[#13]
Hi, my name is Scott and I'm a "Gun Slut".  I have purchased 13 guns in the last 9 months.  

First step is to admit you have a problem.  Second step is to blow it off and continue what your doing because it makes you happy
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top