Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/22/2002 8:55:51 PM EDT
Need  something that I can see better shooting my iron sighted AR. A 4" orange dot on white paper is tough to see! Do they make NRA official 200yd targets? What do you guys use?
Link Posted: 7/22/2002 8:58:41 PM EDT
[#1]

Paper
Link Posted: 7/22/2002 9:02:22 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Paper

Could you hold my target for me, please?
Link Posted: 7/23/2002 3:04:47 AM EDT
[#3]
A 10" bullseye............. U.N. blue(actual color is real close).  Guns&Ammo magazine had a test and this color blew everything away.  Red/Orange is considered one of the worst for precision.

Dave S

Link Posted: 7/23/2002 3:34:02 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 7/23/2002 8:40:08 AM EDT
[#5]
200 yd targets? hmmph.  i like sihlouettes, but those are only a challenge at 300 yds and beyond.  if you want to shoot at 200 yds, try using necco wafers. and if you can't hit 'em, you can always eat 'em!
Link Posted: 7/23/2002 8:54:19 AM EDT
[#6]
For open sights, I recommend the Marine Corps "A" target, it is used out to 300 meters on the Known distance qualification course. Make your own with these specs: Target size is 6'0" tall X 4'0" wide. Bullseye(black)is 12", next ring is 24" and third ring is 36". This leaves a lot of paper so the actual size of the target only has to be the size of the largest outer ring and there is a 'V' or 'X' ring dead center of the target in the bullseye about the size of a half dollar. The link below will show all three KD targets used out to 500 meters, with specs, look near the bottom for the correct pic. I can't get the previously posted link to work. If you want to get the target specs, you will have to go to webshots.comand then search for <DNA Auto Repair> to find my album. I only have two pages, it's on the bottom of number two IIRC.
Link Posted: 7/23/2002 9:05:11 AM EDT
[#7]
Watermelons,cantaloupes...ect.
 MORE FUN THAN PAPER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Link Posted: 7/23/2002 11:37:18 AM EDT
[#8]
Being basically cheap:
I print up a bull on my printer and tape it to newspaper sheets.  At any range you can't see anything but a black bull on white paper.

If you have access to a copier use the PC printed bull as a master, and run off however many copies you want.  It's a little cheaper than using your print cartridge.

I wanted to shoot .22LR at 100 yards at a simulated 1000 yard target silhouette, so I pulled an image from a click art program. sized it and made copies.
Works.
Guns & Ammo? online has a link to print-your-own ready made targes.
Link Posted: 7/23/2002 4:37:22 PM EDT
[#9]
Thanks for the suggestions. Will try all of them to see what works the best.
Link Posted: 7/23/2002 6:55:26 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
What do you guys use?

Watermelons.
Link Posted: 7/23/2002 7:06:10 PM EDT
[#11]
Official NRA highpower 200 yard targets are available at nationaltarget.com.  They are perfect for what you are needing.  (Sorry I am not sure how to make the link hot)  Good shooting!!!!  
Link Posted: 7/23/2002 7:27:42 PM EDT
[#12]
pistoleer.com nra targets

I ordered from this guy. Cheapest offical targets on the net.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top