Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/22/2002 6:51:55 AM EDT
I think I picked your brains a few weeks back on the subject of optics on a RRA UTE.
I know alot of folks are getting the UTE but I haven't seen/heard of anyone putting either an OKO or EOTech on them.
If you have a UTE tell me what set-up you have!
Link Posted: 7/22/2002 7:46:31 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 7/22/2002 8:27:54 AM EDT
[#2]
The UTE, I belive is the fixed high mount rail version of RRA's Law Enforcement Tactical.

The idea seems to be, to raise the sight rail, high enough so optics clear the front sight.

I have to admit that I'm not batty about the fixed high rail idea. If I was going to go that route, I would sure get the detachable high mount rail w/rear sight and mount it on a plain old RRA A4 flat top.

The route I took with my own RRA A4 Mid Length Carbine, was to solve the front sight problem, by having RRA put the weaver gas block on my rifle, instead of the regular gas block/front sight assembly from the factory. If you need a back up front sight I would recomend CG&G's Flip up Weaver Mount Front Sight, Bushmaster and Fulton Armory Offer Weaver Mount Flip ups too.

Link Posted: 7/22/2002 8:37:14 AM EDT
[#3]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top