Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/22/2002 5:30:33 AM EDT
OK, I'm wanting something that  will have a .22 rimfire conversion kit, that is similar enuf (mags, mag release, SA/DA w/ decocker) to my Sig 229 that I can practice "tactical" training with (mag switches, double taps, fast target acquisition, etc) that will also be available in .40 S&W.

I don't like Glock-a-moles.

What's better - the Beretta, or the CZ??? Price will roughly be the same.

Does H&K have a 22 rimfire conversion??

Link Posted: 7/22/2002 5:53:39 AM EDT
[#1]
Didn't realize that the price on the 92 had dropped under $400.  Anyway..

I have both a 92FS and a CZ75B in 9mm. The CZ points far more naturally for me and I believe it has better ergonomics than the 92FS.

That being said, given the use you have outlined, you need to pick the one that points and has controls as close as possible to the SIG, otherwise your plans to practice target acquisition, mag changes, etc., will have you training incorrectly.

My suggestion would be to find a local range or a friend that has both and run a few mags through the guns to see how they feel for you.

Link Posted: 7/22/2002 5:56:53 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Didn't realize that the price on the 92 had dropped under $400.  Anyway..

I figure the Beretta will be about $500 and the Ciener is $200.

The 75B will be about $400, and the Kadet 22 conversion is $300.

WHich has the bigger grip - the CZ, or the beretta?? I got big hands with short fingers, and prefer smaller grips.

Link Posted: 7/22/2002 6:16:43 AM EDT
[#3]
I don't have an easy way to measure the grips, but with them both sitting in front of me, the 92 seems to be larger. In my hands, the CZ just feels more comfortable.

CDNN has had the Kadet conversions in the past for ~ $200. I haven't looked lately.
Link Posted: 7/22/2002 6:36:31 AM EDT
[#4]
grandman,
I've got big hands too.  The Beretta is a pleasure to shoot.  It points very well for me, and is easy to hold under rapid fire.  I can't say that it is better than a CZ75 because I've never held one.  Good luck! guns762
Link Posted: 7/22/2002 6:47:48 AM EDT
[#5]
I own both and I prefer the CZ. CZ's are are one of the best made pistols ever. They are cheap because demand went down and the finishing process is less costly. High caps are getting harder to find. (they are also ugly as sin)Both are well made guns and if you looked around enough you can pick up a CZ for less. Pick them up and buy the one that feels the best in the hand.
Link Posted: 7/22/2002 7:59:50 AM EDT
[#6]
I'm trying to see what wears out first...my CZ-75, or my Dillon 550.
Link Posted: 7/22/2002 2:48:58 PM EDT
[#7]
I've got a Beretta 92FS and HAD a CZ75b until I traded it last week on another Beretta (92FS Brigadier INOX). The Beretta has a larger grip, and the CZ's a fine pointing pistol, but the trigger was horrible (no flame to the CZ guys).
Link Posted: 7/22/2002 4:25:30 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 7/22/2002 4:55:55 PM EDT
[#9]
What Troy said.

I've handled and shot maybe a half-dozen each of the 92 and CZ75B. The CZ triggers have always been significantly better.

With the examples of each that I own the CZ has a much smoother trigger, despite having fired less than 150 rounds, while the 92FS has seen ~ 2500.

Link Posted: 7/22/2002 5:14:58 PM EDT
[#10]
It was a polymer "Turk" model with about a 15lb. double action trigger. I had heard the same good things previous to buying mine, and in fact I had a Springfield P9 (CZ clone) a few years ago that had a decent trigger. Maybe mine was a "dud".
Link Posted: 7/24/2002 5:05:03 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 7/24/2002 5:15:27 PM EDT
[#12]
I've enjoyed my CZ75B more than any Beretta 92 I've shot.  It feels better in my hand, and I shoot the CZ a lot more accurately.
Link Posted: 7/24/2002 5:25:11 PM EDT
[#13]
I've owned both, the 92F was my first 9mm back in 1989, and the CZ followed soon after (someone brought one back from Germany for me).

I much prefer the CZ because of the combination of ergonomics, trigger pull (the best there is), the ability to carry cocked'n'locked (I am a single action automatic kind of guy) and the pointablity.

The 92FS is a great pistol also.

One thing to consider is the availability of inexpensive FACTORY 15 round magazines for hte CZ.

The only reason the CZ is as affordable as it is is because the Czech economy is in the shitter and your dollar buys a lot more there.
Link Posted: 7/24/2002 5:32:25 PM EDT
[#14]
Thanks everyone. I went with the CZ. Nothing like getting a brand new 15 rd hi-cap with my brand new CZ.

I'm on the installment plan, so no pics.

Link Posted: 7/24/2002 7:59:24 PM EDT
[#15]
Good luck.  I have both.

My CZ75 is not a deckocker tho... it is SA/DA, but saftey allows cocked and locked carry, simliar to 1911.

As to the triggers.... I can attest, mine has a HORRIBLE trigger.  It got a trigger job.  Guess what, still very bad.  Lots o creep.  This is because of the happer safety block, or so I read on the CZ boards.  And believe me, there are TONS of guys on the CZ boards who dont like the CZ trigger... so it aint just broke.

The 92's have larger grips.  CZ's are not tiny, but they are smaller.

CZ hi-caps are still plentiful, reliable, and cheap.  I got 4 shipped to my door for $80 the other day.  These are Czech mil mags.

As far as accruacy goes, it's a tossup.  Both are extremly capable handguns.  I get more flyers with my CZ tho, because the trigger is less consistent.

All BS aside.... I'll take my Beretta any day of the week.  Giving the CZ to my Dad.

Link Posted: 7/24/2002 8:12:53 PM EDT
[#16]
If you can get a preimport CZ, get one.
They are a different gun from the Mil-Surp jobs.
I have one.
Unreal.
Shoots like a damn Sig P210.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top