Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/21/2002 6:36:18 PM EDT
Got a 2" bicycle inner tube (free - used from a local bike shop) and cut a 1.5" ring off of it. I then cut a rectangular piece with four wide "legs" to cover the PG bottom with the "legs" running up the PG. I then slip the ring over that to hold it in place bu keeping the legs tight against the PG. Very snug and secure and the extra thickness of the grip is minimal. Holds a bottle of clp, a few patches (I have some larger patches included for the chamber), a few q-tips, and a brass patch loop with a hole drilled in the threaded end and 20 lb fishing line attached to it for the bore. Kit works great in a pinch.  Ilike it.
Link Posted: 7/21/2002 7:00:12 PM EDT
[#1]
Thanks for sharing, I always like to see something new and innovative, not to mention very economical
Link Posted: 7/21/2002 7:12:02 PM EDT
[#2]
Couldnt you just get one of those plugs that holds 3 rounds, forget about the rounds and keep a 'Boresnake' in there instead?
Link Posted: 7/21/2002 7:50:30 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks, VA-gunnut

You could, DA - but they don't stay put for shit.

Ask the members who've bought them.

BANG - oops let me get my grip plug and contents - BANG BANG BANG - opps happened again...

Also, the boresnakes I've seen are too big to include CLP and other supplies in the grip with them.  Thus, the fishing line.

Note - easier to drill a hole in the threaded end of a patch loop if you flatten it a bit with a hammer first, then use a punch to divot it.
Link Posted: 7/23/2002 5:10:40 AM EDT
[#4]
Frickin' genius, man!
Link Posted: 7/23/2002 7:34:48 AM EDT
[#5]
Great idea. Can't beat the price, free is better than cheap. For lazy me though, I just buy the pistol grip with the trap door at the bottom. I have a few inner tubes in my emergency kit to use as heavy duty rubber bands.
Link Posted: 7/23/2002 8:41:29 AM EDT
[#6]
try getting an OTIS.  i used to hate the idea of the otis system, until the issued them to us in kosovo... consider me a changed man.  you should be able to stuff one into a trapdoor grip on your m4.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top