Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/20/2002 7:30:40 PM EDT
Stopped in at a gun store one town over today.  I've driven by the place a couple times and had some time to kill this afternoon.  Two AR's in there, one post, one (very)pre-ban.

Unfortunately, I didn't get the serial #, but I'll describe it as fully as I can.  

Marked "Colt SP1".  No mag fence or forward assist, although the bolt carrier was serrated for the FA.  Pencil barrel, A1 sights and stock.  Large pin.  Couple scratches in the finish on the lower, not into the metal, just surface.  

It was on consignment for $1400.  Good price, steal, or too high?  If it's a steal I might have to try to borrow some cash.  I needs a preban.
Link Posted: 7/20/2002 7:39:36 PM EDT
[#1]
Roughly $1100 - $1200.
Link Posted: 7/20/2002 7:43:34 PM EDT
[#2]
I agree with 5subslr5.  $1400 seems a bit high to me.
Link Posted: 7/20/2002 7:52:38 PM EDT
[#3]
It's on consignment. Make an offer.
Link Posted: 7/21/2002 6:53:14 PM EDT
[#4]
I came across a similar deal earlier this year. It was an early '80's SP1 consignment, asking $1395. In less than 20 minutes I walked out of the store with it along with a hand full of 30 rounders for $7 each and $1000 lighter in the wallet. I felt like I got a pretty decent deal.  Still wish I would have kept all those I purchased back in the early '90's-late 80's though.
Link Posted: 7/21/2002 7:19:15 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I came across a similar deal earlier this year. It was an early '80's SP1 consignment, asking $1395. In less than 20 minutes I walked out of the store with it along with a hand full of 30 rounders for $7 each and $1000 lighter in the wallet. I felt like I got a pretty decent deal.  Still wish I would have kept all those I purchased back in the early '90's-late 80's though.

VERY decent deal - now pull out some of your good 20-round mags and sell those 30's !!
Link Posted: 7/23/2002 11:15:20 AM EDT
[#6]
$1400 for an SP1?  If it is in rela nice shape (say 95% or better) I would get it.  Of course if you can talk him down ahundred or two even better.  Thin is these are getting harder to find (in good shape) all the time.  I have a SP1 with colapsable stock, bought it about a year ago, it is about 80% and I paid $1K.  Seem like a lot for an old AR15, but after a good cleaning it shoots real fine.  The configuration you described sounds genuine to me.   As a left-hander the SP1's are not the best, that shell-deflector "hump" on the A2's is a good thing for us LH people!   But I like my SP1 anyway, light and reliable, fits in a 31" zip up tactical case with several 20 round mags and fits anywhere!

BillSP1
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top