???
Link Posted: 7/19/2002 9:05:36 PM EDT
[#1]
NRA
Link Posted: 7/20/2002 12:35:54 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
???

Go to NRA website and search for insurance.  They have a package that you can get.

mark
Link Posted: 7/20/2002 2:34:20 AM EDT
[#3]
I know my insurance company State Farm here in Michigan will only cover three guns with a total value of $1000. After that you need a ryder. A couple of suggestion. Video tape everthing you have and keep you receipts. Have your guns appraised by model and serial numbers.
Link Posted: 7/20/2002 5:40:06 AM EDT
[#4]
if i hear the insurance companys correctly............!!

you had best invest in a gun safe, the biggest available, DO NOT depend on any insurance to cover or protect your guns !! they are scammers & liars !!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 7/20/2002 9:18:53 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Here's a link to the NRA insurance information:

www.locktonrisk.com/NRAIns/armsplus.html
I have it on my stuff.

See the link for details.

Thanks
Link Posted: 7/20/2002 10:19:08 AM EDT
[#6]
I have the NRA endorsed policy right now.  However I find it extremely overpriced.  There is a company that always advertises in Shotgun News, and lists much cheaper rates.  I wonder if they are any good.  I know that if anyone has a problem with one of their advertisers, the newspaper will get involved.
Link Posted: 7/20/2002 10:47:32 AM EDT
[#7]
Depending on your insurance company, you can get a seperate rider on your home policy.

The one thing to remember is to make sure that the rider covers the replacement value. If needed, set a replacement price of your items, and make sure the rider's value covers the complete value.   If you have NFA items, they will increase in price and the bill of sale that you have when purchased the item, will not be the value of the item at lose. Re-evaluate your colection on a yearly bias and make sure you are covered.

P.S. Depending on your collection, you home owners policy alone may cover your total value.  A long time ago, I have a few pistols stolen, and Allstate payed full value to have them replaced.  This was covered under my home owners policy.
Link Posted: 7/20/2002 11:55:58 PM EDT
[#8]

Check out: www.gunowners.org/op0231.htm

and another good article with more information

www.scfirearms.org/garya.htm

It tells how State Farm does not want certain gun owners and will drop you with 7 days notice or less.

Prudential is also listed as being a problem.

www.lockton.com is a company who works with NRA for insurance and I have heard good things about.

They recommend "Farm Bureau, Nationwide and American National Property and Casualty."

I am checking with Nationwide right now.

Aimca is a company who will not insure if your house if you have firearms also.  This is from recent personal expierence.

mark
Link Posted: 7/21/2002 2:42:14 AM EDT
[#9]
Alarm System, 120lb Rottie, Safe, and last but not least me! Layers of protection is a good idea. Its to late when you have to call the insurance company.
Link Posted: 7/21/2002 5:40:49 AM EDT
[#10]
full-clip,

thanx for reminding me..., we have the most vicious, meanest Chihuahua you ever run across...........
Link Posted: 7/21/2002 6:27:40 AM EDT
[#11]
Will the NRA plan cover Class 3 items?
Link Posted: 7/21/2002 7:14:39 AM EDT
[#12]
Get yourself a tank of a gunsafe .It's the cheapest insurance you can get . You ALL have gunsafes , don't you ?
Link Posted: 7/22/2002 11:28:06 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Will the NRA plan cover Class 3 items?

Based upon my conversations with Nationwide agent, yes.  Prices were not the cheapest - about 10%+ higher than Prudential/Amica.

mark
Link Posted: 7/23/2002 9:04:07 AM EDT
[#14]
Buy a safe, or build a vault.

For $1,500, you can have something of value, and protect irreplaceable items.

With insurance, you pay out the azz for nothing of any value, and once yer guns are gone, you can get others, but the stolen ones can't be replaced.

With a safe / vault, you WILL NOT be the poor sap on the TV news whose guns were stolen to go shoot up a school.

Without a safe / vault, you better have some SERIOUS insurance, dude.

Link Posted: 7/23/2002 9:15:42 AM EDT
[#15]
I have a decent safe and a large rider (sp) on my homeowners policy.  It costs me about 9 bucks a month.  Covers fire, theft, etc.

I have Farmers Insurance
Link Posted: 7/23/2002 9:18:30 AM EDT
[#16]
NRA

Link Posted: 7/23/2002 9:31:05 AM EDT
[#17]
Hi Lostwildcat...

lostwildcat wrote:

I have Farmers Insurance  I have a decent safe and a large rider (sp) on my homeowners policy. It costs me about 9 bucks a month. Covers fire, theft, etc.

So you pay approx $100+/yr for your firearms coverage rider? This is, I assume, in excess to regular home contents coverage?  How much coverage for firearms, how much deductible, etc.? [If you are comfortable telling.]

Thanks,
Bill Wiese

Link Posted: 7/23/2002 9:36:03 AM EDT
[#18]
Add it to your homeowners policy. Its referred as a (writer, scheduling, or floater, are common terms)  It covers your firearms for "all risk". In addition to fire and theft it covers additional exposures like loss or damage.
The Cost is around 1.00 to 1.25 per hundred of coverage. Also MOST insurance companies don't need serial numbers ONLY model and description.

Budam quoted "It tells how State Farm does not want certain gun owners and will drop you with 7 days notice or less"
most states, by law have to give you 45 day notice of cancelation. and no I dont sell for SF

Link Posted: 7/23/2002 9:53:21 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
Hi Lostwildcat...

lostwildcat wrote:

I have Farmers Insurance  I have a decent safe and a large rider (sp) on my homeowners policy. It costs me about 9 bucks a month. Covers fire, theft, etc.

So you pay approx $100+/yr for your firearms coverage rider? This is, I assume, in excess to regular home contents coverage?  How much coverage for firearms, how much deductible, etc.? [If you are comfortable telling.]

Thanks,
Bill Wiese

Check your email Bwiese.

Lost
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top