Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/19/2002 5:29:09 PM EDT
I'm looking to buy another Bushmaster in the next 2-3months - looking at the old posts, it sounds like while Bushmaster's Y-comp/Mini-Y is effective, it's also annoyingly loud.  I'd like to hear opinions from people who have the AK brake on their 20in HBARs - Effective?  As annoyingly loud as the Y?

Yeah yeah yeah, 20in HBARs don't need a brake...
But sometimes you just have to pull the trigger really fast.

And does anyone know if the A2 flash hiders on Bushmaster's site are legal for post-bans?  How effective are they as brakes?
Link Posted: 7/22/2002 9:49:48 AM EDT
[#1]
Anybody?
Link Posted: 7/22/2002 4:26:11 PM EDT
[#2]
My friend at work has a 20" fluted with the AK brake and likes it a lot. I had a mini y comp. on a carbine and hated the damn thing. It would blow the spotting scope sideways on the guys bench sitting next to me. RH
Link Posted: 7/22/2002 4:58:17 PM EDT
[#3]
The A2 Flash hider is not legal for postban AR15's. The Y and mini Y are loud compared to a naked barrel. Personally I would look at getting one of Kurt's A2 or A3 compensators, they are reported to be quieter han the 'Y's. Or if function is not necessary, the fake FH is a great way to dress up a naked barrel. Check out this link for some options.www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?id=133218
Link Posted: 7/22/2002 7:13:00 PM EDT
[#4]
I only have one on my AK Shorty and all I can say is that I love it. Yes it doen't look like an A2 flash suppressor but it cool just the same IMO.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top