Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/19/2002 5:04:05 PM EDT
Hey guys, I'm just curious on a bit of reading, I've downloaded the manual but found it doesnt really cover everything..

I'm just curious about a few things and wonder if there's an online guide or faq or something that covers such basic questions like the proceedure for loading the rifle, what the foward assist is for.. How the charge handle works.. how the ejection port cover works (i allways see it down, does it automatically come/spring up? does it stay up or down when shooting?.. Just some basic stupid newbie questions like these ;) a guide with pictures would be great if there are any.. Like i said i've downloaded the manual and read it, it does answer alot of questions but sometimes internet guides cover things a little better than the manuals do (online sometimes tho)..

Thanks for helping the newbie guys!
Link Posted: 7/19/2002 5:13:28 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 7/20/2002 2:01:26 AM EDT
[#2]
It probably wouldn't hurt to pick up one of the many AR15 books out there...

Ones by Duncan Long are good for the newbie, although some of his ideas are a bit outdated (The AR15 Practical Guide).

You can find them at gun shows and occasionally on Ebay.
Link Posted: 7/20/2002 3:33:13 AM EDT
[#3]
Greetings & Welcome!

The best book IMO is the TM05538C-23&P/2 USMC Technical Manual, covers everything in detail.
(It's found at most gun shows, got mine for $8)

You can download most manuals in PDF format, just do a search. Here are some links I frequent:
www.biggerhammer.net/manuals/

Army Library, almost ALL manuals free for download!
www.adtdl.army.mil/atdls.htm

old.ar15.com/books/

For general good reading, check the The Maryland AR15 Shooters Site too:
groups.msn.com/TheMarylandAR15ShootersSite/introduction.msnw

Enjoy!

Link Posted: 7/20/2002 5:47:26 AM EDT
[#4]
soulzer0,

covers everythyng ???????????

what page does it describe in detail how to remove the safey/selector lever ?????? or install it...??

i have found more discrepancies in that manual than any military instruction manual i ever used......, & i spent 25 years in the military !!!!!!!!

Link Posted: 7/20/2002 5:51:24 AM EDT
[#5]
You should just run out and buy your rifle so you can get the hands on experience with the rifle.

If you buy a new rifle most of the time they will come with an owners manual that will cover the basics of your rifle.
Link Posted: 7/20/2002 6:00:43 PM EDT
[#6]
A boar hog has tits; the AR15 has the forward assist.  In both cases they are fundamentally useless.
Link Posted: 7/20/2002 6:13:26 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
A boar hog has tits; the AR15 has the forward assist.  In both cases they are fundamentally useless.

Yeah but they look cool!, (the forward assist, not the hog tits.)
Link Posted: 7/20/2002 6:16:32 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
soulzer0,

covers everythyng ???????????

what page does it describe in detail how to remove the safey/selector lever ?????? or install it...??

i have found more discrepancies in that manual than any military instruction manual i ever used......, & i spent 25 years in the military !!!!!!!!

If you go thru pgs 3-52, 3-59, the expanded drawing on C-18, apply common sense and it's all there.
Not trying to be an ass, but I find it a very complete manual.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top