Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/19/2002 2:55:18 PM EDT
Are you saying that the pistol requirement between private parties is up to the seller of the gun?

Is that why most pistol-for-sale ads mention "permit required" in the ad?

What about ads that say "permit and all paperwork included" or such along those lines?

Thanks! I'd really like to buy a Glock 17 but the Sheriff registers you in a permanent book if you get a ppp. My dad and I hate that requirement and my dad told me to drop the whole pistol thing- just go without a pistol. I'm in college so moving elsewhere isn't an option right now.

THANKS!

CRC
Link Posted: 8/7/2002 3:32:06 PM EDT
[#1]
Yes, in a private party transfer, it is up to the seller as weather to see a permit.
How would you fill out any paperwork if you were gonna track the pistol?
All I did when I got rid of my Glock is have a printed and signed recepit.
Link Posted: 8/7/2002 7:00:19 PM EDT
[#2]
Then you broke the law in this state.

Handgun sales between ANYONE require a permit to change hands as well, period. There have been many people arrested as of late at gun shows for not getting permits on a private deal.

Get the permit, file it away at your house as proof you sold it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top