Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/19/2002 11:59:22 AM EDT
OK here goes, I got the Mauser bug and before I kill it I need to know something about it. Here's my questions to all you lurking Mauser fans.
1.CDNN has Yugo M48A's new unissued for $169
2.CDNN also has K98K German Mausers marked " Preduzece 44" 75-95% for $169.
3. SOG has M48's "milled parts" for $129.
My questions are; 1. What is the difference between a M48 and a M48A. 2. Between the three which is the better deal and why?
Bring It ON!!!
Link Posted: 7/19/2002 12:04:10 PM EDT
[#1]
1. CDNN is out of UNISSUED M48A's - no more on the horizo neither.

2. CDNN is out of K98k's Walnut Select at this time...maybe get more later.  I purchased the last one :)  They MIGHT have the laminated stock version in stock but not very many.

3. M48's have milled parts and are most likely saw some action in the war.  THe M48a's do not have milled parts but are most likely be in better condition since they are produced after the war...at least that's what I gathered from my research.
Link Posted: 7/19/2002 12:31:39 PM EDT
[#2]
All will be revealed.....

Parallax's C&R Collector's Firearms Forums
pub109.ezboard.com/bparallaxscurioandrelicfirearmsforums

The Yugoslavian Mauser Forum
pub109.ezboard.com/fparallaxscurioandrelicfirearmsforumsfrm9

Differences I have noted:
M-48A has a stamped triggerguard, magazine floorplate and upper barrel band as opposed to milled (machined) pieces on the M-48.

I have an M-48. Nice rifle. 8mm does not have a kick either.
Link Posted: 7/19/2002 12:38:31 PM EDT
[#3]
Here is a picture of mine.
Link Posted: 7/19/2002 1:27:00 PM EDT
[#4]
Those unfired M48As were really nice.  Most of the other M48s were nice too. But i know alot of people won't deal with SOG due to conditions not being always as advertised. And CDNN doesn't import or anything and their prices are inflated as are the ones you quoted.
With that in mind I noticed that Cole's www.coledistributing.com/ is still showing M48As for $80 in VG with matching #s on the bolt and receiver. I think I'd give them a ring.
Link Posted: 7/20/2002 3:14:20 AM EDT
[#5]
Thanks for the info and I will be checking out Cole's. Now what about this flyer I got yesterday from a place called FAC Wholesale, anybody done any buying from them? What do you think of them?
Link Posted: 7/20/2002 3:18:32 AM EDT
[#6]
USNJoe, you got to be kidding or is that CLP in that bottle? Nice rifle though, how's it shoot.
Link Posted: 7/20/2002 3:24:50 AM EDT
[#7]
Aim Surplus has the yugo 48's and have been a real good outfit too deal with . www.aimsurplus.com
Link Posted: 7/21/2002 5:02:46 AM EDT
[#8]
AIM doesn't have anymore decent Mausers.
FAC (Federal Arms in Minnesota) is reputed to be a good place to deal with.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top