Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/19/2002 9:23:32 AM EDT
I bought an FNC a few months ago planning to get an auto sear put in it after selling an M11/9.  I've had no luck selling the M11/9, so I was considering selling the FNC to get a Springfield M1A Supermatch.  Does anyone have an opinion on wether this is a good idea or not?
Link Posted: 7/19/2002 10:11:07 AM EDT
[#1]
how much you asking for the m11/9???  they usually sell quickly if priced reasonably... I have an FNC sear gun and it rocks.  Extremely reliable...
Link Posted: 7/19/2002 12:36:15 PM EDT
[#2]
I was asking $1200 for the gun, gemtech reworked Cobray suppressor, several magazines, and other accessories.  the problem is it is on form 4 in Oklahoma, and I haven't found a local buyer or someone willing to pay $400 in NFA taxes.
Link Posted: 7/19/2002 2:35:20 PM EDT
[#3]
Alternatively, how much are you asking for the FNC? What features are on the rifle (16" para, 18", etc)? What condition is the gun in?
Link Posted: 7/19/2002 3:01:22 PM EDT
[#4]
Dou have a preban 'FN' FNC ??  If so, which model ??
Link Posted: 7/19/2002 5:33:47 PM EDT
[#5]
It's the 18" para or folder in excellent condition.  It has passed through three owners the last of which (prior to me) was an owner of a gun store who never fired it and bought it from his friend who didn't fire it much (<200 rounds) because he reloaded, and FNC's dent the hell out of brass.  I personally have put 2 mags through it.  There are some light handling lines on the receiver and the rear sight cotter pin is missing, but other than that I would rate it at 95%.
My whole question though is would you rather have a full auto FNC or a full auto M11/9 AND a tack driving Springfield .308???  
Link Posted: 7/19/2002 7:15:03 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

My whole question though is would you rather have a full auto FNC or a full auto M11/9 AND a tack driving Springfield .308???  

I would keep and convert the FNC.  I believe Curtis Higgins still does the conversions for about $1900 including the three round burst.  Don't know what you have in your para but it is worth roughly $2,000 - $3900-$4000 for a para select-fire ain't shabby !  You'll have a MG worth roughly $4800. I know there's a low-life somewhere in Arizona that will do a barrelectomy (reduce your 18" barrel to 16") and that further enhances the value of your MG.

No one should mess with hopes and dreams but just what do you mean when you say "M1A1 Supermatch Tack Driver" ??   What MOA will this gun shoot ??   (Just curious as I'm wondering if this rifle will shoot with the AR-10(T) and the SR-25 ?)
Link Posted: 7/20/2002 1:20:29 PM EDT
[#7]
From what I've read, its one of the most accurate .308 semi-auto's around.  
Link Posted: 7/20/2002 3:23:28 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
From what I've read, its one of the most accurate .308 semi-auto's around.  

And I've been told it will hold about 1 - 1.25 MOA.  (But I don't have a clue if this is correct or not.....)
Link Posted: 7/20/2002 6:29:04 PM EDT
[#9]
Hey Patrick,

I own a KNIGHTS SR25 Match and M1A as well.
I'll be at the ERIC THE HUN SHOOT (HUNAPALOOZA) in October. If you'd like to try before you buy
you're more than welcome to run a few rounds
down the pipes.

Admittedly, the SR25 is more
accurate than any M1A I've owned, buy I'm still
a more fond of the M1A.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top