Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/18/2002 3:52:46 PM EDT
I finally narrow it down to a Leopold Var X-III 6.5x20 50mm LR Target matte, tapering crosshair). Now I need your help:
1) should I get a fine or medium duplex
2) should I get a sunshine, and what lenght
3) a good cheap, and reliable place to get  
   it from
4) any suggetions weclome  
Link Posted: 7/18/2002 3:59:57 PM EDT
[#1]
I would go to SWFA and speak with Chris for both scope and questions.  Sometimes SWFA is not the cheapest (sometimes they are) but their service and product availability is always excellent. (And they support AR15.com.)
Link Posted: 7/18/2002 4:00:31 PM EDT
[#2]
I can help you out with #3:

S.W.F.A.
Link Posted: 7/18/2002 4:02:27 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I can help you out with #3:

S.W.F.A.

Truly brilliant suggestion.  
Link Posted: 7/18/2002 5:19:46 PM EDT
[#4]
Good choice in scopes!!  (speaking from experience)

If you are doing range work, I would advise you go with the fine duplex.  I much prefer it over the other two as it leaves you with the most visibility.  Not that your vision is obscured with the others but, I find it just 'intrudes' on my sight picture if that makes any sense.  However, if you are 'in the field' (hunting), I would say the standard duplex.

As for the sunshades, the 2.5" will perform the function that they are supposed to do.  The 4" is just for looks, IMHO.  If you shoot at a range that has you out in the direct sunlight where the sun would be anywhere in your general 9 to 3 o'clock position, its probably worth getting one.  If you order from SWFA, they have a deal going with a free 2.5 shade on certain models.  (I just ordered another 4.5-14x5 LRT and got a free shade)

And yes, SWFA all the way!

Hope this helps a little...
Link Posted: 7/18/2002 6:27:06 PM EDT
[#5]
Just bought that scope from Premierreticles.com with their "tactical conversion" -- it has USMC mildot with luminous crosshairs --- pretty damned cool.

Premier Reticles and SWFA have the best prices I have been able to find.

Cheers.
Link Posted: 7/18/2002 6:31:51 PM EDT
[#6]
Great choice of scope!!!

I have the same model to which I had Premier Reticles add the Marine Mil-dot and M1 target turrets.  Premier Reticles had some great prices as does SWFA.
Link Posted: 7/18/2002 7:52:47 PM EDT
[#7]
Can you show us a picture Rabbit? I was wondering what that sucker would look like with M1 turrents.  I almost got the M1 and the Generation 2 mildot, but I was already spending too much.

Thanks.
Link Posted: 7/18/2002 10:41:51 PM EDT
[#8]
Thankz guy, you really helped me out with this one, been thinking about this one for weeks!!!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top