Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/16/2002 7:20:53 PM EDT
I had 2 LTR's, traded one and kept one, I guess you can say I kept a good one. I shot 3 3 shot groups after break-in procedure and the biggest was 1/2" and the smallest was about 1/4". That really suprised me, I shot Federal Gold Medal Match 168 grn BTHP factory ammo, I can't imagine it shooting better with reloads but hopefully it will, the longer ranges will determine everything.Do they usally shoot this good or did I just get lucky. Can anyone tell me how their LTR or PSS shoots. Thanks John
Link Posted: 7/16/2002 7:24:38 PM EDT
[#1]
From everything I've read this is normal.  Best I have done with my VS is .5".  It could probably do better in more capable hands.
Link Posted: 7/16/2002 7:28:18 PM EDT
[#2]
LTR 308s are tack-drivers.

I had a 3-hole 50% overlap cloverleaf that a dime covered - Fed gold medal match 308. Ragged hole in bull. Any flyers are totally due to me.

Someone who's a real good shot + good eyes prob could do a lot of same hole stuff...

Bill Wiese
San Mateo, CA

Link Posted: 7/17/2002 1:48:46 PM EDT
[#3]
Well I guess that my rifle is par for the course, which is good, so I would recommend to anyone who is thinking of buying a LTR to go ahead and get it you won't be disappointed.
Link Posted: 7/17/2002 2:04:14 PM EDT
[#4]
I just got the 20" 700P LTR a few weeks ago...

Put a 10-50 Tasco Super Sniper scope on it...

It shoots 1" (100yd) 5-shot groups with junk $8 a box Remington ammo...

Haven't tried Federal Premium's in .308 yet...

My.22-250 Rem 700 with Federal Premium 55 grainers will put all 5 shots through the same hole @ 100yds...
Much better groups than the ballistic tipped Remington V-max ammo...

LTR pics at:
community.webtv.net/YULLOSE/700pss
Link Posted: 7/17/2002 2:48:38 PM EDT
[#5]
They are nice.
Some guy had one at the last big CMP shoot.
I didn;t get to shoot it, but they were hitting heads at 300 w/ no problem, using a 3X9 scope.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top