Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/14/2002 8:01:59 AM EDT
So far my personal fave gun is the SIG P226 (tuned by someone else). I am wondering if the new 226ST would be much better than a tuned and adjusted 226? Supposedly the blue finish wear quickly, but how does the Nitron hold up?

Now I have never shot a USP but how does it compare to the SIG?

Doggonit (SIG Love)

Link Posted: 7/14/2002 8:14:09 AM EDT
[#1]
I on the other hand have never fired a Sig, but I sure do love my HK USP 40.  It's a great shooter and very reliable.

Link Posted: 7/14/2002 8:36:12 AM EDT
[#2]
i keep hearing that the USP is the BEST THERE IS.

Funny that everyone i know that owned one sold it. Another funny thing is they all went back to 1911's

Link Posted: 7/14/2002 9:21:08 AM EDT
[#3]
I've had glocks,bereta's and hk.  Out of all of them I only have my hk's still.  I love my usp's.  My buddy shot them and got himself a .45 usp.  He is a 1911 owner also.  I've never fired a sig but I have held one to test it and for me it just was to tall.  

My glocks were alot of fun and were good guns.  In the end the safety on the usp was the convincing item.  I think it all boils down to personal preference.  What is good for you may not work for me.  If your unhappy with your current choice try out a few other things.  After all is said and done hang onto whatever is the most comfortable for you to shoot.
Link Posted: 7/14/2002 10:02:48 AM EDT
[#4]
Both are fantastic guns, period. Dont let anyone tell you otherwise. But they are different. I like my USP because it can be carried single action, while the Sig is a double action/single action gun. Single action only is my prefference.
Link Posted: 7/14/2002 5:22:57 PM EDT
[#5]
I love my USP 45 and my Mark 23 .45.  I also love the 1911, which I feel is the best combat handgun on earth.

I carry the USP .45 for duty purposes due to the hi cap magazine capabilities.  12+1 of Winchester's 230gr SXT +P's!!!!!

I love the fact that the USP can be carried cocked & locked or DA/SA.  Actually there are like 9 different variations to how the gun is carried.

I also own a Sig P220 and  P226.  Great guns but the P220 is a poor choice due to the low magazine capacity.  I'd go with the 1911 in a heart beat if I could only choose between the P220 or my Springfield "HRT" model 1911.

I also have Trijicon ghost ring rear sights on my USP.  I'm really fast with it in a combat course.  I like the gun better than the "striker" fired Glock 21, which I also own.
Link Posted: 7/14/2002 5:34:36 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Funny that everyone i know that owned one sold it. Another funny thing is they all went back to 1911's

Well, if you knew me, you'd be wrong.  I own 4 USPs (Compact 9 and 40, Full 40 and 45), and I won't sell any of them.  None of them have ever had a failure of any kind, other than the .45 with Wolf ammo...which is understandable.
Link Posted: 7/14/2002 10:34:09 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Now I have never shot a USP but how does it compare to the SIG?

I owned a Glock 30, Sig P-220 & USP 45C all at the same time. After buying the H&K I sold the Glock & Sig. The H&K balanced better than the Glock 30 did & out shot the Sig by a wide wide margin.

The Sig is a fine gun, nothing wrong with them. Same with Glock. But THE most accurate gun made, right out of the box, less than $900, is the H&K.

FWIW, my H&K has never once jammed or had a FTE/E.

My .o2
Link Posted: 7/14/2002 11:22:21 PM EDT
[#8]
I have fired most pistol types, Barretas, Glocks, Ruger's, SIG's, CZ's, Desert Eagles - regular and baby, S$W's - autos and revolvers, Colts - 1911 autos and revolvers, Derringer's, Llama's, Taurus's, Khar's, Thomson Contenders, AR-pistols, ect.

My Favorite is the HK-USP. SIG's and CZ's are great too. The only thing that kept me from getting a SIG was the lack of a positive thumb break safety. The HK shoots slightly softer because of the polymer grip. If someone would make a 1911 without that grip saftey, I would definately get one. But I hate the way it feels in my hand, loose. I have the same feeling about the HK P-7, great gun but I didn't like that sqeeze cock safety at all.
Link Posted: 7/14/2002 11:39:47 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Same here. The USP is WAY too top heavy and recoils like a bitch. I was out shooting with Juggernaut a couple weeks ago, he had a USP 9mm.
The way it jumped in his hand looked like he was shooting a .45, I have shot the USP full size line in 9mm, .40cal, and .45. Hated them. The only HK pistols I care for are the M13,M8, and Match in .45 with comp.
Link Posted: 7/14/2002 11:54:46 PM EDT
[#10]
I am very pleased with my .40 cal USP-C.  

When I first picked it up, I ran a mix of 1000 factory rounds and lead reloads.  No malfunctions at all, and accurate.

My Glock 27 on the other hand wouldn't feed the same reloads, and had numerous malfunctions with the factory ammo.

I had a SIG 239 9mm, but ended up selling it after a short time.

Sorry, but I've never had or shot a 226.

Chris
Link Posted: 7/15/2002 1:19:04 AM EDT
[#11]
Both the H&K USP and Sig P226 are tactically equivalent pistols....both of which are fabulous. I happen to prefer the grip on the Sig better, it just feels more comfy. But that doesn't make it any better than the USP either. There is no difference in quality. Just the perception among different users based on how each gun feels. Either are great pistols IMO.
Link Posted: 7/15/2002 4:21:58 AM EDT
[#12]
I love both Sig and H&K. I have owned virtually every model by both manufacturers. For my use's and area, H&K's work the best for me, but I still love Sig's. Whichever one you shoot the best and feel the most comfortable with is the best for you. Both are equally outstanding.
Link Posted: 7/15/2002 5:11:53 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 7/15/2002 7:08:31 AM EDT
[#14]
Get both! I own a USP45 and I love it. its built like a tank, and it is more acurate than I am. I've used a sig also, 229 I think it was, and its a great gun. I eventually chose a Beretta 92fs instead, but thats just me.
But you won't be dissapointed with a Sig or a Hk.

Hey... if anyone needs a tactical holster or two, check my post in the EE under Accesories.
Lowered the price.
Link Posted: 7/15/2002 7:15:10 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Funny that everyone i know that owned one sold it.

My Sig 229 .40 S&W runs like a dream. Never jams. GREAT for double taps.

I bought a HK USP-C .40, and it recoiled like a magnum. It actually kinda twisted my wrist when it recoiled. REALLY didn't like it. Sold it.

I'll stick with Sig, thanx.

Link Posted: 7/15/2002 7:52:25 AM EDT
[#16]
I really like my USP 40. I have the 13 rd preban mags for it and I've had it for about 4 years. My gripe is that I think the grip feels like a brick. So far I like my new Walther P99 just as good or better. I think it has the same German quality as the USP at a more afordable price. ( It has the German proof stamps and was made in Germany and not assembled here.)

FRO
Link Posted: 7/15/2002 8:40:15 AM EDT
[#17]
I have a USP 40 with high caps and absolutely love it.  I have owned Glocks and Beretta in the past, but the USP is by far my favorite.  It does have a little larger frame than the other two, but I am 6'5" and the large frame fits me pretty well.  I think that the fire controls on the USP are the best on any pistol. I have handled.  It is very easy to eject mags, close the slide, manipulate the safety, and decock without changing your grip on the weapon.  
Link Posted: 7/15/2002 8:45:08 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Funny that everyone i know that owned one sold it.

My Sig 229 .40 S&W runs like a dream. Never jams. GREAT for double taps.

I bought a HK USP-C .40, and it recoiled like a magnum. It actually kinda twisted my wrist when it recoiled. REALLY didn't like it. Sold it.

I'll stick with Sig, thanx.

I, too, love my P229 ( in both .40 and 357SIG).  However, in all fairness, the SIG P229 is a damn sight heavier than the comparable USPs.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top