Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/13/2002 2:11:55 PM EDT
Is there a 50yrd or 100 yrd rifle range that I can shoot fmj at?  I went to one range and they wanted to charge 20 bucks for 20 rounds  of 308.  and I wouldnt even get a kiss with that F@ck.  

Many thanks,
Lojack
Link Posted: 7/13/2002 2:29:10 PM EDT
[#1]
Unless things have recently changed, no FMJ allowed at any of the Dallas area outdoor ranges that I'm aware of. It's been that way for years. I rarely shoot a public ranges.
Link Posted: 7/13/2002 2:42:59 PM EDT
[#2]
Last I heard, you can shoot FMJ at Collin County Gun Range in Mckinney.  It's off 75N and highway 380(University I think).  Most of the staff is off-duty LE and very courteous.
Link Posted: 7/13/2002 7:51:59 PM EDT
[#3]
I also live, work and shoot in McKinney at the Collin County range.  My place of employment qualifies at the Collin County Community College McKinney campus, and it is open to the public certain times (it is an indoor range).  Another in-door range is in Plano at BulletTrap.  The only problem with the Collin County shooting range (outdoor) is the ridiculous times and RATES OF FIRE regulations from the city of McKinney.  About a year ago they annexed the area.  The owner/operator (who is also LE) sued all the way to the Texas Supreme Court (I think) and lost.  Last time I shot you could not shoot rapid fire.  It kinda sucked.  

DENIED
Link Posted: 7/13/2002 11:50:40 PM EDT
[#4]
Gibson's Outpost in Sunnyvale(80 east to Lawson Road across from Devil's Bowl Speedway) allows FMJ and controlled rapid fire from the shoulder.$16 dollars for first visit $10 afer that. 100 yards, 50 yards and 200 yards.
Link Posted: 7/14/2002 10:12:17 AM EDT
[#5]
Mickeys place on the trinity, 225 a year , unsupervised shooting 972 285 1288
GG
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top