Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/11/2002 9:43:11 PM EDT
I was cleaning my AR tonight after firing about 200rds and noticed that the Bolt Gas O Rings were loose (moving around in its little slot).  And the bolt wouldn't fit back in the carrier.  This is a brand new Bushmaster...is this a problem and how can I fix it if it is???

Thanks for your help
Link Posted: 7/11/2002 9:53:26 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 7/11/2002 11:21:02 PM EDT
[#2]
Tight gas rings in a new gun is not a problem, unless the fight is so tight that it causes malfunctions. One AR I worked on showed all of the signs of short stroking. Replaced barrel, straightened gas tube, etc. and the jams still occurred.  Noticed that the bolt was extremely hard to move in the carrier and as a last resort changed out the gas rings. No problems since.
Link Posted: 7/12/2002 4:27:05 AM EDT
[#3]
Beekeeper has it just right.  If the bolt will move forward in the caarier by gravity alone, it's time to replace the rings.  Otherwise, leave 'em alone.
Link Posted: 7/12/2002 11:47:09 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for the help guys...

Dog
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top