Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/11/2002 8:44:16 PM EDT
I am considering buying a bushmaster with an a3 upper so i can put a red dot with a quick release scope mount and be able to rotate from a carry handle to the scope.  I was wondering if this will afect the acuracy or not and also would the front sight get in the way of the red dot?
Link Posted: 7/12/2002 5:54:34 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 7/12/2002 6:00:02 AM EDT
[#2]
Consider the red dot and BUIS (Back-Up Iron Sights), like the ARMS#40.  You can set both up at the same time, and never have to remove either.  Much quicker and more secure than retaining the carry handle.
Link Posted: 7/12/2002 8:15:33 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Consider the red dot and BUIS (Back-Up Iron Sights), like the ARMS#40.  You can set both up at the same time, and never have to remove either.  Much quicker and more secure than retaining the carry handle.

exactly the setup I  have on my A3  Aimpoint ML2 and ARMS #40.  Once you get the red dot sighted in simply set the iron to it and you are good to go.  You can leave the BUIS folded down or up it won't matter since you use the red dot with both eyes open you wont even notice the #40 till you decide to use it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top