Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/10/2002 4:30:53 PM EDT
Which bipod do you like better. Fixing to have to get one and not sure which way to go. Never had a problem with Harris bipods but want opinions on both.
Link Posted: 7/10/2002 4:47:59 PM EDT
[#1]
I have both and have a strong preference for the Harris.  The Versa pod moves too much for me. Rebel
Link Posted: 7/10/2002 5:53:27 PM EDT
[#2]
The Versa was designed for fast engagements on targets.  Combat and Tactical shooting.  The Harris was designed for precision shooting.
I have a Versa on my AR15 and a Harris on my Sniper Rifle
Link Posted: 7/10/2002 6:01:06 PM EDT
[#3]
I would go with the Harris.

medcop
Link Posted: 7/10/2002 6:53:32 PM EDT
[#4]
The Harris is made much better.  Good quality stuff.  The Versa-Pod is a chicom knockoff of the Parker-Hale bipod.  The Parker-Hale is really good but SERIOUSLY heavy (and beaucoup bucks), almost too heavy.  The Versa-Pod is chinese pot-steel.  Everyone I know who had one eventually replaced it.
The Army's using the Harris, and the USMC is starting to use bipods on the M40A3 and I'm pretty sure they're using the Harris too.  
Harris is the way to go.  Go with the swivel BR model and put a pod-loc on it.
later,
R
Link Posted: 7/11/2002 4:26:55 AM EDT
[#5]
Thanks for the replies, was pretty much going to go with the Harris anyway, but just wanted to get some more opinions first.
Link Posted: 7/11/2002 4:56:22 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I have both and have a strong preference for the Harris.  The Versa pod moves too much for me. Rebel

What Rebel said.
Link Posted: 7/11/2002 5:21:04 AM EDT
[#7]
I like the Harris much better across the board.  It's not only more stable, but easier to take on/off.  I find the giant wart of the Versapod is annoying, making it pointless to remove the little legs.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top