Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/10/2002 2:57:39 PM EDT
I just moved from the east coast to California, and I left behind my gun collection w/ my Dad.  Is it legal for him to ship out my guns w/o any problems.  My guns are a few semi automatic pistols, 2 bolt action rifles and an AR-15 I bought earlier this year.  I'm pretty sure that I can't have the AR out here, but that's okay, I won't be here too long, I hope!  I must say that the weather here is quite beautiful, much nicer than Ohio where I came from.  But their crazyass firearms laws and amount of liberals in this state of Commifornia are enough to make me sick.
Link Posted: 7/10/2002 6:53:54 PM EDT
[#1]
It's theoretically possible with the AR, but I wouldn't waste the time or effort if you won't be here long. The bolt guns are no problem. Not 100% about the handguns but I think they are ok. Check with Troy over in the Legal forum. He'll either know for sure or have a link to the CA DOJ page with the answer.

Where will you be in CA? Lots of AR15.com members here to let you shoot an AR to keep from having withdrawal [ :)]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top