Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/9/2002 8:40:51 PM EDT
I'm looking at a new stock for my 10/22. What I was wondering was this: Whats the difference between the Boyd Blaster and the Fajen Thumbhole sillouhette?

What do you all recommend and where could I by them?
Link Posted: 7/9/2002 11:39:33 PM EDT
[#1]

I ran across this one the other day.

cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1842113562

Link Posted: 7/10/2002 3:46:05 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 7/10/2002 9:17:48 AM EDT
[#3]
I went to a gun show a couple of weeks ago and saw the coolest 10/22 stock; it was an all metal conversion kit to make a look-alike German MG44. It looked so real! Plus it was all metal and the fit and finish were top-rate.
Link Posted: 7/10/2002 9:34:53 AM EDT
[#4]
Check out-

www.turnercustoms.com

When I build up a 10/22, I'll use a Turner Customs Barracuda stock. I don't have experience using one, but I've heard that they shoot as well as they look.
Link Posted: 7/10/2002 9:27:24 PM EDT
[#5]
The Barracuda looks very nice but at the moment the price tag is a little high. Is it worth the $250? And I'm correct that you buy them direct from "Turner Customs"?

Also does anyone know where you can by the Boyd Blaster. Mainly im looking for a thumbhole stock.

Thanks.
Link Posted: 7/11/2002 8:38:07 AM EDT
[#6]
To answer the original question, the stocks are virtually identical.  I have several of each and you can't tell the difference once you shoulder the rifle.  The main difference is price and delivery time.

Boyds are $99.99 for a completely finished stock.  Delivery time is running about 12 weeks right now.  Fajens are $149.99 for a completely finished stock and available immediately from Midway.  Midway's parent company bought all the old Fajen blanks when Fajen went under a few years ago.  You can get an unfinished Fajen for approx $90 and sand/finish it yourself.  That's my favorite route.
Link Posted: 7/11/2002 8:45:29 AM EDT
[#7]
So, how do you get a hold of this Midway company?
Link Posted: 7/11/2002 8:48:32 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 7/11/2002 9:06:15 AM EDT
[#9]
Check out this stock, I bought it and am currently shooting one hole groups @50 yards and .4" at 100 yards.  It is also very comfortable to hold onto and it looks much like the Volq stock, without the metal running all over the place.  Runs $140 right now, get it at www.midwayusa.com/midwayusa/applications/eproductpage.exe/showproduct?SaleItemID=170122

Product info on site:
Bell & Carlson Anschutz-Style Stock Ruger 10/22 Heavy Barrel Fiberglass, Graphite
Laminate Black
Product #: 170122
Link Posted: 7/12/2002 9:35:44 PM EDT
[#10]
On the topic of 10/22's I was also wondering if fluting was necessary or if it just made it look "pretty" help
Any help would be great.

Link Posted: 7/12/2002 9:48:06 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
I went to a gun show a couple of weeks ago and saw the coolest 10/22 stock; it was an all metal conversion kit to make a look-alike German MG44. It looked so real! Plus it was all metal and the fit and finish were top-rate.

Probably completely useless, but still neat looking.
Link Posted: 7/13/2002 8:51:00 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
On the topic of 10/22's I was also wondering if fluting was necessary or if it just made it look "pretty" . I realise it could help dissipate heat, but the barrel doesnt get too hot in the first place.

Any help would be great.

I have the Volq SS Fluted Comp barrel, my bro just has the SS comp, we have very similar groups.  I don't think it matters much, unless you're blasting 100's of rounds back to back, but then again, its a competition type barrel, so when would the benefit present itself!  Buy it if you like it, that's what I did.

Half the reason to MAKE your own 10/22 and not buy the Ruger accurized model is because you want your own unique gun.  Even if it only meant that I have a Volq gun now!
Link Posted: 7/13/2002 12:50:53 PM EDT
[#13]
Hi, all!

If I may, try www.rimfirecentral.com.

It's dedicated to the Ruger 10/22. Plus, most other rimfire.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top