Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/9/2002 6:53:55 PM EDT
I was wondering if anyone had one of these

It seems nice enough and I know alot of people don't like the standard ramped front sight. its seven (7) shots, ported and the sights seem better for target shooting.

I'm kinda interested but debating between it and the standard. I don't know the cost of this model though but will spend more for quality & features (if they're useful features).
Link Posted: 7/9/2002 7:35:37 PM EDT
[#1]
I have the standard model, 6" barrel.  It's a big, heavy, sturdy piece.

I'm not sure how much the ported barrel actually helps - the barrel is normally heavy enough to counterbalance most ammo's muzzle rise.

Seven shots would be kinda cool.

Excellent trigger.
Link Posted: 7/9/2002 7:59:21 PM EDT
[#2]
I have fired the standard model with 4" barrel. I liked it really well. Seemed plenty accurate and the trigger was nice. The only thing I dislike about them is that they feel very barrel heavy. If this is a problem, perhaps the Model 66 will better suit you.
Link Posted: 7/9/2002 8:27:47 PM EDT
[#3]
i've got one. 7 shots, no porting 6" barrel.  the gun is accurate and reliable.  it is heavy as heck.  but it goes bang every time.  

my friends always forgett about that 7th round.  my standard reply is the bad guy won't be expeciting that!

and yes i did but it before s&w sold out.

i beleive that if you have a 6 shot all that is needed to go to 7 is a new cylinder.
Link Posted: 7/9/2002 8:35:20 PM EDT
[#4]
I dont own one myself but I've shot a few 686s and they're great guns.  Plus you gotta love how intimidating a long barreled large frame revolver is.  They just look mean.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top