Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/9/2002 1:55:34 PM EDT
I noticed when I was shooting my 1911 at the BRC, it seemed to be screwing up a little.  I didnt think alot about it then and I just shot my rifles.  Now, upon further inspection, I noticed that the firing pin was stuck sticking WAAAAAAYYYYYY out of the front of the bolt.  I stripped it down and looked and it seemed to have a small burr in the firing pin hole.  I cleaned it up, which seemed to help some.  The firing pin now returns under normal fire, but still hangs up when racking the slide.  I checked the pin again, thinking it was bent, but if it is, it is a negligable amount.  Figured I would buy a new pin and spring, but thought I would get opinions from here as to any other problems I could be having.  Any thoughts?
Link Posted: 7/9/2002 2:51:07 PM EDT
[#1]
Has it been doing this right along, since new? Is it a Series 80 Colt? You have removed the pin and cleaned the slide inside the area? Have you mic_ed the hole and the pin? Have you polished the pin? Have you checked the firing pin sprind? Just some have you's!  
Link Posted: 7/9/2002 4:36:05 PM EDT
[#2]
Bought used and worked fine.  Argentine gov. contract.  Yes, removed and cleaned.  Have not miked or polished.  Checked the spring, maybe a little weak, but should still be functional.
Link Posted: 7/10/2002 6:14:00 AM EDT
[#3]
Pull out the firing pin and spring and pull spring down on the firing pin and let raise slowly. Does it bind up. Rotate spring 180 degrees and do again. Trying putting the pin back in the slide and let it slide forward through the firing pin hole about the same distance it would travel normally. does it bind? Is this a Ballister Molina?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top