Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/9/2002 1:39:34 PM EDT
I got an ergo grip yesterday, and I dont especially like it, its too thin. I guess its better than the A2 grip, It definitly looks better, but its not that great, it seems to be cheaply made.

I didnt think I had a purple bushmaster, but it sure looks purple in these pictures.

Link Posted: 7/9/2002 1:45:44 PM EDT
[#1]
I bought the HK-91 sytle grip from Bushy that looks along the lines of the one you bought.
I love it!
So do others.

I don't know what else to say on this thread, not exactly sure what your going after with it.
Link Posted: 7/9/2002 1:48:26 PM EDT
[#2]
I dont know what im going after with it either, just bored.
Link Posted: 7/9/2002 3:10:23 PM EDT
[#3]
I too was gravely disappointed with the HK style ERGO-GRIP I mounted on my Bushmaster Shorty-AK.  It was soon replaced, however I still have it in my parts bin.
Link Posted: 7/9/2002 3:17:09 PM EDT
[#4]
Have you tried a couple of turns of bicycle inner tube around it?

I got an Ergo ambi and don't care for it either.  Too thin.  I've heard the inner tube fix makes it better but haven't tried it yet.

Gonna look for a right hand version at this weekend's fun show in Dallas.

But my kids bicycle is in imminent danger as we speak.
Link Posted: 7/9/2002 3:22:14 PM EDT
[#5]
Maybe I'm  missing something, but I have sorta large hands, the more I can get my hands around the grip while keeping the backstrap portion alined with my wrist, the firmer/comfortable the feel is for me.

This is obviously a preference thing, so hopefully no one will jump in saying I'm or anyone else is WRONG for the grip they choose.
Link Posted: 7/9/2002 3:41:31 PM EDT
[#6]
I havn't tried the Ergo,but if its thinner and hard plastic(looks rubber coated)it doesn't sound like something I'd like,although it does look great.Ya might want to try the hogue.I fondled a BM Varmiter the other day that had one and it felt great.Kinda a quality heavy pebbled rubber with a slight bulge in the palm.It does have more defined ,pronounced finger goves,but it fit my hand really good(as all rubber hogues on other weapons have) and was a hell of alot better than the sharp,hard ,slippery plastic POS that comes factory.If you've ever had experience with a rubber Hogue on a handgun,you'll know what this ones all about.Definatly what I'm gonna purchase.
Link Posted: 7/9/2002 3:42:52 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Maybe I'm  missing something, but I have sorta large hands, the more I can get my hands around the grip while keeping the backstrap portion alined with my wrist, the firmer/comfortable the feel is for me.

This is obviously a preference thing, so hopefully no one will jump in saying I'm or anyone else is WRONG for the grip they choose.

Dunno...don't think there is a wrong way...just what that feel right to each shooter.

I look at shooters' grips in pics and I see no real standards.  This week I was looking at some pics from the Afghan and one of our SF guys had his middle pad on the trigger.  Not gonna argue that one.

Fat grips feel better to me and I have large hands too.  I even glue hi-density foam on some of my grips to make them "fatter".  Ugly but they feel good...

Link Posted: 7/9/2002 3:43:52 PM EDT
[#8]
I have the ergo grip made by Magpul   [email protected] on both of my M4gery's and I love them, but I do have small hands.
Link Posted: 7/9/2002 4:35:25 PM EDT
[#9]
I also bought that "ergo grip" and didn't like it. Front to rear length was ok but it was just to thin at the rear. I found a fat ergo grip that someone talked about hear. It took me just alittle bit to get used to it, now I love it! Can't stop holding (fondling) my AR, driving my wife nuts! Hear is a link to the grip!

www.sinclairintl.com/cgi-bin/category.cgi?category=search&item=14-350&type=store
Link Posted: 7/9/2002 4:49:39 PM EDT
[#10]
That looks nice, I bookmarked it. I might have to try one.
Link Posted: 7/9/2002 5:23:02 PM EDT
[#11]
www.royalarms.com The #ARG Solid Grip is the way to go. This Grip feels like it is part of your hand. Check out his site. Fulton Armory sells them for a 75% mark-up. Just like they sell the adjustable Butt Plate for almost 45% mark-up.

I have spoken to the owner of royal arms and waiting for him to make another run of these Handles. It would be a very good buy and I hope he makes it for the AR10 also..I am going to buy 2. One for my 20" and one for the Varminter. Then I hope he says it will fit AR10's.

This is the grip all AR's should be fitted with IMHO. Check out the guys site. Lots of bomb equipment and other cool stuff.

Some one turn it into a link Thanks.
Link Posted: 7/9/2002 5:25:23 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 7/9/2002 6:07:33 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
I also bought that "ergo grip" and didn't like it. Front to rear length was ok but it was just to thin at the rear. I found a fat ergo grip that someone talked about hear. It took me just alittle bit to get used to it, now I love it! Can't stop holding (fondling) my AR, driving my wife nuts! Hear is a link to the grip!

www.sinclairintl.com/cgi-bin/category.cgi?category=search&item=14-350&type=store

'Conda...that's a Sierra Precision Rifle grip. Ergo Grips are the trade name of a specific family of handgrips from one manufacturer.  

I've got Sierra grips on three of my rifles.  Sierra's fit my hand best of any off-the-shelf grip.  Some folks don't like the way Sierra's look.  They are a little "fat" looking on an AR15 but they feel GREAT to me.

I was looking for a more conventional looking grip for a rifle that's gonna be camo painted.  That's why I got the Ergo.
Link Posted: 7/9/2002 7:40:01 PM EDT
[#14]
You will never see anything but a Hogue on any of my AR's...
Link Posted: 7/9/2002 7:43:48 PM EDT
[#15]
I tried the Ergo and it was too small for my hands. It was a well-made product and could recommend it.

But, the Sierra fit my hand perfectly and would recommend it for larger hands or longer fingers.  Do a search for this discussion in the Accessories Area.
Link Posted: 7/9/2002 9:28:06 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 7/9/2002 9:35:08 PM EDT
[#17]
ahh. I see, thats funny, I bought mine new, and its the old style. thanks.
Link Posted: 7/9/2002 10:11:18 PM EDT
[#18]
Why does no one ever mention the Pachmayr "vindicator" grip. I have one of these on my AR and absolutly love it!!!!! A little heavy for a utility rifle, but the hard rubber and ergonomic shape makes it worth it. It's available of Bushmaster's website.
Link Posted: 7/10/2002 4:29:35 AM EDT
[#19]
I thought of doing the inner tube trick on my A2 handle!
I took about 6 pieces of varying widths and built up my grip so it fits me perfectly!
Ugly as a mud fence but it feels great!
Link Posted: 7/10/2002 10:13:33 AM EDT
[#20]
Pierce grip makes a pretty comfortable grip, with finger groves or without. Takes 1911 style panels on the side. Easy to make thinner or thicker by changing panels. The panel on the left or safety side of the gun must be cut down for the safety to function properly.
Link Posted: 7/10/2002 11:48:13 AM EDT
[#21]
I use a Ergo Grip on my Bushmaster and developed a love/hate relationship with it. It's better than the standard grip but I also feel it's too thin. If you go to Ergo's website you'll see that they make more than one model of the Ergo grip. I've been thinking about the Deluxe Tactical Model with Suregrip. It looks as though it might be thicker. Has anyone tried that model?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top