Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/9/2002 10:15:34 AM EDT
This is from HKPRO forums and I've seen a few people wanting to dye their USC.. here is the link..

boards.hkpro.com/NonCGI/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic&f=5&t=003033

It's step by step with pics.

Credit goes to Twuelfing
Link Posted: 7/9/2002 10:24:13 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 7/9/2002 10:29:11 AM EDT
[#2]
Doh!.. c'mon try it yourself.. you'll only spend like 10 bucks! .. yea i'll probably send it to him also hehe
Link Posted: 7/9/2002 10:43:17 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 7/9/2002 11:45:36 AM EDT
[#4]
My mom would be glad for me to use any appliance in the kitchen lmao.. But she would raise 900 hells if I got that RIT dye on her counter or stove/ovens

I don't think Keith charges but like 25 bucks (not 100% sure) for the Dye process.. but last I heard he was backed up with projects
Link Posted: 7/9/2002 1:50:06 PM EDT
[#5]
I believe Keith charges more around the lines of $125 - at least for the SL8 dye job, not so sure about the USC.  Maybe he lowered his prices after the word got spread about the DIY process though.

However, if something gets screwed up, I'm sure he'll back it up as opposed to you being SOL if you do it yourself.  He also uses some sort of pressurized system that supposedly forces the dye further into the stock, but simply leaving the DIY process go for longer should do the same thing.  If you get a deep gouge somewhere, you can always redo it again as well.

Rocko
Link Posted: 7/9/2002 3:08:45 PM EDT
[#6]
Hey guys,
I don't get over this way often, as lately I  have got a gigantic workload keeping me buried most of the time.

I'm officially not doing the dye jobs right now. Trying real hard to get out from underneath too many projects, take care of my "real" work, and still try (however pathetically) to satisfy the little lady.

However when I WAS doing them, my prices were :
$125.00 for the SL8-1
$100.00 for the USC.

These prices included shipping (usually about $20-$30.00). I felt it was a fair price considering how much time it took handling, dyeing and getting back the gun to the original owner.

I DID see some other fellow advertising RIT jobs for around $200, though.

I, of course, think my process is "better", however I ALSO believe the RIT method should never give anyone any problems. I think it's a great idea. Was sorta relieved in a way when it was proven that RIT would also work well, as the "newness" of my process had begun to lose it's "glimmer".

Hope this clears up any confusion. Thanx to everyone gracious enough to trust me with their prized possesions. I enjoyed the experience immensely.

You fellows take care!

KB
Link Posted: 7/9/2002 3:40:43 PM EDT
[#7]
You should spend more time over here keith!.. maybe one weekend when i'm in B-Ham we could go shoot some guns?
Link Posted: 7/9/2002 4:41:36 PM EDT
[#8]
Sounds good Vermillion!

Hopefully, I'll be caught up in a few weeks!
I'm working on a couple good sized LANS in Huntsville and Madison at the moment. Almost finished the MSG90, and G36 stuff, and axiously wanting to get started on my Boyes ATR.

Anytime you are in town, give me a call. My number is 205-601-7914.

We could at least go grab a diet cola over at Sammy's (that's a little soft drink bar over on Valley Ave)!
Link Posted: 7/9/2002 5:01:29 PM EDT
[#9]
Rbad man, you out there? I heard from Goatboy that you had problem swith your back. Sorry to hear that? Did that happen on the weekend? I sent you an email a while ago before I heard this. I hope you are better already. I tried acalling but no one answered, I guess you cannot move too well or are busy going to rehab (or somthing), right? How about you call me when you have the time? You have my number I hope. GEt better soon, dont let that back get you!

ZL

Link Posted: 7/9/2002 6:21:20 PM EDT
[#10]
Will do Keith.. I need to visit the Galleria as much as hate all the people they have some good stuff there.. plus the outside mall..isn't it called The Summit?
Link Posted: 7/9/2002 6:24:39 PM EDT
[#11]
yep! That's the Summit.

I live over on Ruffner Mountain (it's over by the Century Plaza Mall), but travel all those parts.
Link Posted: 7/9/2002 6:52:25 PM EDT
[#12]
A friend of mine's cousin lives in B-Ham and we usually stay at his house for the weekend and go out to eat at that Japanese place called Kobe where they cook in front of you and all.. I kind of wished I lived in B-ham.. a lot more to do that my city lol
Link Posted: 7/9/2002 7:10:16 PM EDT
[#13]
Very small world! Kobe is one of my clients!
I am there every few weeks or so. My wife and I eat there a good bit ourselves!

The owner, Brian, is a really great fellow!
Link Posted: 7/9/2002 7:19:53 PM EDT
[#14]
Sweet!.. very nice restaurant  

www.burkhalter.net

That's my dad's company. We have some jobs in b-ham everynow and then and we also go through there a lot and maybe you've seen the blue and white cranes maybe? ..
Link Posted: 7/10/2002 1:43:01 AM EDT
[#15]
Here I was, perfectly happy with a gray USC and a black Glock...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top