Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/6/2002 4:30:13 PM EDT
I was at my local gun store today and they have a pre-ban colt sp-1.  It was marked at around $1089 for the complete gun.  I don't have any pre-bans yet, so am not knowledgable about the guns.  The upper looked to be in a somewhat poor conditions, but the lower looked pretty good.  Is this a good deal, I really want a pre-ban, but don't know if this is the one.  thanks for the help.
Link Posted: 7/6/2002 4:32:39 PM EDT
[#1]
Yes, Its a good deal, well pretty fair depending
on how bad the upper is. Get it refinished.
The lower alone is selling for $1000.
Link Posted: 7/6/2002 4:44:00 PM EDT
[#2]
Buy it.
Link Posted: 7/6/2002 4:44:42 PM EDT
[#3]
The advantage of the SP-1 is you never need to worry about tracking a serial number to prove it's pre-ban.  The disadvantage is that some lacked the mag fence on the lower and the brass deflector and forward assist on the upper.

Enjoy your new rifle.

Regards,
Gary
Link Posted: 7/6/2002 8:23:14 PM EDT
[#4]
If you don't buy it, let me know where this stor is and I'll go pick it up.

Seriously, the upper you can change, the lower is the part most sought after.  The lower could go 1000 by itself.  Mosyt of the SP1's I've seen are around 1200.
Link Posted: 7/6/2002 8:38:12 PM EDT
[#5]
Make sure that it is a SP-1 and not some other lower with a SP-1 upper on it.  

If the lower is a SP-1 lower I think you would be doing ok to get it as long as it is in good shape.

Uppers can be changed.
Link Posted: 7/7/2002 7:59:08 PM EDT
[#6]
Alright, the desicion is in, and I'm going to pick up the gun tomorrow.  This will be my first pre-ban, and I'm excited, especially the sharp pointy thing that goes on front.  hanks
Link Posted: 7/7/2002 9:02:06 PM EDT
[#7]
Enjoy your new evil black rifle. Great deal, considering its the price of a new Colt PC-15 politically correct rifle.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top