Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/4/2002 3:21:02 PM EDT
I find my A1 triangular stocks to be slippery, but I like the look. Will the Alumahyde II paint provide a better grip?
Link Posted: 7/4/2002 4:52:43 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 7/4/2002 4:55:59 PM EDT
[#2]
I got a tip on another Forum about using Plasti-Kote Truck Bed Liner.
www.tmorg-forums.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=41;t=000010#000009
I'm gonna try it out on my Remington 597, which already has a coat of the Brownells black Aluma-Hide II on it.  It came out too slick and shiny for my taste.
The truck bed liner looked good and had some texture to it.
Good luck.
Link Posted: 7/4/2002 5:39:43 PM EDT
[#3]
You can also try spray-on "grip & guard" from Rustoleum. It's a rubberized coating, and it gives just enough texture to kill the shine. I can't say about it's durability on a stock, although I did coat the handguards on a friend's DR200 with it. It came out looking and feeling a whole lot better.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top