Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/3/2002 9:31:00 PM EDT
 I am getting ready to build a M4A3 clone.  I am going to buy a Pre Ban Colt lower, I just don't know which one looks the most like a military piece?
 I see a lot of lowers marked blue label, green label, slabside, raised fence, large pins, small pins, sear block, no sear block.  I know I definitely want a raised fence, I just don't know about the other features.
 Can one of you AR Gurus shed some light on this for me?  Thanks
Link Posted: 7/7/2002 5:03:00 PM EDT
[#1]
You know that's a good question. I was thinking of a similar project but would like as close to a "mil-spec" lower as I could get. And that isn't a Colt as far as I know. Don't know much about quality pre-ban lowers. I think I'll wait for the Assault weapon bill to fall off the planet and then do one ! Would be cheaper if the law changes. If it doesn't, I'll suck it up & do an M4.
Link Posted: 7/7/2002 5:13:45 PM EDT
[#2]
Well, to be cosmetically correct externally you need a raised fence and small pivot pin. The larger fire control pins probably wouldn't be very noticeable. The sear block is not visible from the outside. The problem with being too picky is that a pre-ban Colt with small pivot pin, small fire control pins, raised fence, and no sear block would be rare, if not non-existent. A blue label will probably be your best choice.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top