Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/3/2002 2:40:53 PM EDT
Anyone ever had to use a shell extractor?

Should I put one in my cleaning kit?

Link Posted: 7/3/2002 2:57:05 PM EDT
[#1]
I have a broken shell extractor, BUT I have never used it, nor have I ever wittness a 5.56 round broken in the chamber.  I carry one in my butstock.  See my sig line for my answer to most of these types of quesitons.
Art in KY

PS has any one out there had to use one?  Now Im courious.
Link Posted: 7/7/2002 5:17:50 PM EDT
[#2]
All my friends as well as myself have them in our stocks. I or we have never used one BUT I was in a gunstore/gunsmith shop establishment when a Gent brought in an AR of some kind AND a nice varmint bolt gun of unknown brand in to  get both chambers cleared ! Seems he had too many reloads on the brass and the smith had to remove a broken 223 case from each weapon. Wow ,Had to plug the chamber & pour some kind of metal that has a low melting point down the barrel. The Metal hardend up in a min .& he put  a solid rod down the muzzle & tapped it out.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top